Cannot view Microsoft forums

ComputerFields

Cannot view Microsoft forums
Hello,

Recently, a number of my systems are unable to display a number of the MS
forums. These include:

social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums
social.technet.microsoft.com/forums

The only thing I see when I try to visit these sites are a couple labels in
the upper right corner along with my name, and some links down at the bottom
of the page. Otherwise the page is just blank and white. All systems are
running IE8, but under WinXP, Vista and Windows Server 2008 R2.

All systems are on my local network and I have one Vista virtual machine
that can display them all.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Bill

Re: Cannot view Microsoft forums
Does the behavior persist on any of the affected machines it the machine is
connected directly to the modem?

ComputerFields wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Recently, a number of my systems are unable to display a number of the MS
> forums. These include:
>
> social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums
> social.technet.microsoft.com/forums
>
> The only thing I see when I try to visit these sites are a couple labels
> in
> the upper right corner along with my name, and some links down at the
> bottom
> of the page. Otherwise the page is just blank and white. All systems are
> running IE8, but under WinXP, Vista and Windows Server 2008 R2.
>
> All systems are on my local network and I have one Vista virtual machine
> that can display them all.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
> Bill

Robert Aldwinckle

"ComputerFields" <ComputerFields@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Recently, a number of my systems are unable to display a number of the MS
> forums. These include:
>
> social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums
> social.technet.microsoft.com/forums
>
> The only thing I see when I try to visit these sites are a couple labels in
> the upper right corner along with my name, and some links down at the bottom
> of the page. Otherwise the page is just blank and white. All systems are
> running IE8, but under WinXP, Vista and Windows Server 2008 R2.
>
> All systems are on my local network and I have one Vista virtual machine
> that can display them all.
>

> Any ideas?

Press Ctrl-F5?

BTW are you signed in at this point or not?
(It may make a difference in the Cookies which are being presented.)

> Thanks.
> Bill

ComputerFields

Re: Cannot view Microsoft forums
Being that one of the systems is a VM, I cannot say.

But, I just found out yesterday that my primary physical workstation (Server
2008 R2 x64 with IE8) will display the forums if I turn off "Display all
websites in Compatibility View"

Unfortunately, this does not fix the problem for my virtual machine (WinXP
Pro SP3 x32 with IE8).

Bill

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Does the behavior persist on any of the affected machines it the machine is
> connected directly to the modem?
>
> ComputerFields wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Recently, a number of my systems are unable to display a number of the MS
> > forums. These include:
> >
> > social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums
> > social.technet.microsoft.com/forums
> >
> > The only thing I see when I try to visit these sites are a couple labels
> > in
> > the upper right corner along with my name, and some links down at the
> > bottom
> > of the page. Otherwise the page is just blank and white. All systems are
> > running IE8, but under WinXP, Vista and Windows Server 2008 R2.
> >
> > All systems are on my local network and I have one Vista virtual machine
> > that can display them all.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Bill

ComputerFields

Re: Cannot view Microsoft forums

Didn't make a difference.

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "ComputerFields" <ComputerFields@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > Recently, a number of my systems are unable to display a number of the MS
> > forums. These include:
> >
> > social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums
> > social.technet.microsoft.com/forums
> >
> > The only thing I see when I try to visit these sites are a couple labels in
> > the upper right corner along with my name, and some links down at the bottom
> > of the page. Otherwise the page is just blank and white. All systems are
> > running IE8, but under WinXP, Vista and Windows Server 2008 R2.
> >
> > All systems are on my local network and I have one Vista virtual machine
> > that can display them all.
> >

> > Any ideas?

> Press Ctrl-F5?
>
> BTW are you signed in at this point or not?
> (It may make a difference in the Cookies which are being presented.)
>

> > Thanks.
> > Bill

Gordon

> Didn't make a difference.

Do yourself a BIG favour and ditch the horrible web interface. Use a news
reader instead.

Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail/Windows Live Mail to access
Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express/Windows Mail/Windows Live
Mail Newsreader
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx

stevemalee is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Cannot view Microsoft forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
"ComputerFields" <ComputerFields@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Didn't make a difference.

Do yourself a BIG favour and ditch the horrible web interface. Use a news
reader instead.

Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail/Windows Live Mail to access
Microsoft newsgroups
Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader

Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express/Windows Mail/Windows Live
Mail Newsreader
Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express
I also cannot see the web page social.msdn.microsoft.com
And, I tried to use the new newsgroup system with the connect bridge, but takes you to the social page that I cannot view.

Thanks for your help