BING

Wiggo

BING
Hi all
I have IE7 and yes I know bing has been out of a couple of months now but

the problen I have is I can change my default search engine to Sensis not
google or any other site.
But when I start the computer up again it has changed to windows live which
is now BING. also if i don't go the www.sensis.com.au web site and do a
search I get results from BING.
This happens even if I remove live search and have sensis as my default and
no other search engine at all.
How do I stop BING from taking over my searches.
ColTom2

Re: BING
Hi:

I no longer have IE7 on either of my computers, as I have upgraded to IE8
and I can't recall Search Options etc. However, you might check and see if
IE7 has a Manage Search Providers similar to IE8 by clicking on the drop
down arrow to the right. If so, click on it and down at the bottom of the
screen see if it has an option to place a check beside "Prevent programs
from suggesting changes to my default search provider".

ColTom2

"Wiggo" <Wiggo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi all
I have IE7 and yes I know bing has been out of a couple of months now but

the problen I have is I can change my default search engine to Sensis not
google or any other site.
But when I start the computer up again it has changed to windows live which
is now BING. also if i don't go the www.sensis.com.au web site and do a
search I get results from BING.
This happens even if I remove live search and have sensis as my default and
no other search engine at all.
How do I stop BING from taking over my searches.

Wiggo

Re: BING
No it does not only have default, find on this page, find more providers and
change search defaults. I have even tried to change my default by the find
more providers and making it my default. This only works until I shut down
then it reverts back to the crappy Bing.