link opens in IE7 not in IE8

Anthony S. Pisarri, P.E.

link opens in IE7 not in IE8
Hi Guys,

I have an odd problem here. I have a local county health department website which has forms online. I have a desktop computer that has IE7 and the links work fine. My laptop has IE8 and when I select a link, a new tab opens and it says.."Navigation Cancelled".

Here's the best part. If I copy and paste the shortcut to the browser bar, the page opens just fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tony Pisarri
Anthony Buckland

Re: link opens in IE7 not in IE8

>"Anthony S. Pisarri, P.E." <APisarri@aol.com> wrote in message

>Hi Guys,
>
>I have an odd problem here. I have a local county health department website
>which has >forms online. I have a desktop computer that has IE7 and the
>links work fine. My laptop >has IE8 and when I select a link, a new tab
>opens and it says.."Navigation Cancelled".

Have you tried the measures in this article (aimed at IE7, but
maybe you have different settings in IE8 from what you
had in IE7)?

http://www.sandhills.edu/blackboard/navigationerror.htm

Re: link opens in IE7 not in IE8
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when posting to this newsgroup.

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start IE in No Add-ons mode:

=> Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons; or

=> Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode:

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your subscription current, and is it supported in IE8? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running in the background when you installed IE8?

4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it)?

5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
www.banthecheck.com

"Anthony S. Pisarri, P.E." <APisarri@aol.com> wrote in message news:ei6CQRLLKHA.4316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
Hi Guys,

I have an odd problem here. I have a local county health department website which has forms online. I have a desktop computer that has IE7 and the links work fine. My laptop has IE8 and when I select a link, a new tab opens and it says.."Navigation Cancelled".

Here's the best part. If I copy and paste the shortcut to the browser bar, the page opens just fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tony Pisarri
Anthony S. Pisarri, P.E.

Re: link opens in IE7 not in IE8
Thank you both for your responses. It appears that running IE in No Add-ons mode solved the problem. I'll see if that proves to be a problem for something else in the future.

Regards, Tony Pisarri

P.S. PA Bear .. I'm running Win XP Pro Ver 2002 SP3

Re: link opens in IE7 not in IE8
YW