Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when posting to this newsgroup.
1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start IE in No Add-ons mode:
=> Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons; or
=> Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons).
Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode:
2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
<= Read before using!
3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your subscription current, and is it supported in IE8? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running in the background when you installed IE8?
4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it)?
5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
"Anthony S. Pisarri, P.E." <APisarri@aol.com> wrote in message news:ei6CQRLLKHA.4316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
I have an odd problem here. I have a local county health department website which has forms online. I have a desktop computer that has IE7 and the links work fine. My laptop has IE8 and when I select a link, a new tab opens and it says.."Navigation Cancelled".
Here's the best part. If I copy and paste the shortcut to the browser bar, the page opens just fine. Any ideas?