IE8 and blank screen

captfbgnet

IE8 and blank screen
Vista x86 SP2 w/IE8: Some sites open as blank (white ) pages. Even
microsoft's own Answers webpage (see below) won't open properly. Have all
websites set to 'compatibility mode' and nearly all other sites work ok. No
problems on opening. But this MS forums site does not. Any suggestions?
Google, thus far, has not pin-pointed a solution. A 'forum search' here has
found nothing yet.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...8-4a338535b6d7

--

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
If you seek happiness it will find you. It looks small as you gently hold it

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE8 and blank screen

"captfbgnet" <captfbgnet@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:B9328369-A1EB-4AC4-885F-4DE5BA2B0DEB@microsoft.com...
> Vista x86 SP2 w/IE8: Some sites open as blank (white ) pages. Even
> microsoft's own Answers webpage (see below) won't open properly. Have all
> websites set to 'compatibility mode' and nearly all other sites work ok. No
> problems on opening. But this MS forums site does not. Any suggestions?

> Google, thus far, has not pin-pointed a solution.

Doing what? (See below.)

> A 'forum search' here has found nothing yet.
>
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...8-4a338535b6d7

Gad. I didn't realize how bad that forum search tool is. ; ]

Try using a better search engine on those same pages... ; }

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...0-e07c69bab4cf

(Google web search for
"blank page" site:social.answers.microsoft.com inurl:InternetExplorer
- first hit
)

Obviously more refined searches would also be possible.

Note: BING *still* disallows the inurl: search attribute;
otherwise I could have used it instead.

Otherwise, instead of searching, you might find more interesting results
by opening the forum to Answered threads only and then sorting by
Total Views.

Oh. Have you cleared up this problem yet?
Sounds like interference by third-party programs, e.g. "malware".

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...7-e67d18bf7d82

(in captfbgnet's threads)

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

rob^_^

Re: IE8 and blank screen
Hi K,

Tools>Internet Options - Advanced tab, "Automatically recover from rendering
errors with Compatibility View" (check)

Tools>Compatibility View Settings
"Include updated website lists from Microsoft" (check)

Restart IE.

Regards.

"captfbgnet" <captfbgnet@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Vista x86 SP2 w/IE8: Some sites open as blank (white ) pages. Even
> microsoft's own Answers webpage (see below) won't open properly. Have all
> websites set to 'compatibility mode' and nearly all other sites work ok.
> No problems on opening. But this MS forums site does not. Any suggestions?
> Google, thus far, has not pin-pointed a solution. A 'forum search' here
> has found nothing yet.
>
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...8-4a338535b6d7
>
> --
>
> __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
> If you seek happiness it will find you. It looks small as you gently hold
> it in your hands, but let it go and you
> learn at once how big and precious it is.

captfbgnet

Re: IE8 and blank screen
I can get to the main MS answer page that lists several possible questions
and answers. But when I click on any individual question/answer, all pages
come up blank. This is the only site that does so. No malware issues.
Several programs give me a clean bill of health and no other web pages have
any problems loading. Still looking for an answer...

> "captfbgnet" <captfbgnet@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Vista x86 SP2 w/IE8: Some sites open as blank (white ) pages. Even
>> microsoft's own Answers webpage (see below) won't open properly. Have all
>> websites set to 'compatibility mode' and nearly all other sites work ok.
>> No
>> problems on opening. But this MS forums site does not. Any suggestions?

>> Google, thus far, has not pin-pointed a solution.

> Doing what? (See below.)
>

>> A 'forum search' here has found nothing yet.
>>
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...8-4a338535b6d7

> Gad. I didn't realize how bad that forum search tool is. ; ]
>
> Try using a better search engine on those same pages... ; }
>
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...0-e07c69bab4cf
>
> (Google web search for
> "blank page" site:social.answers.microsoft.com inurl:InternetExplorer
> - first hit
> )
>

> Obviously more refined searches would also be possible.
>
> Note: BING *still* disallows the inurl: search attribute;
> otherwise I could have used it instead.
>
> Otherwise, instead of searching, you might find more interesting results
> by opening the forum to Answered threads only and then sorting by
> Total Views.
>
> Oh. Have you cleared up this problem yet?
> Sounds like interference by third-party programs, e.g. "malware".
>
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...7-e67d18bf7d82
>
> (in captfbgnet's threads)
>

> HTH
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

captfbgnet

Re: IE8 and blank screen
I re-checked your suggested settings. #1 was already checked #2, I have
"display ALL websites in compatibility mode" thus 'graying out the other two
options (unavailable). Before this setting, several websites were not
displaying properly. On MS software update site I have downloaded at least
twice in the past, different MS compatibility updates' for IE8. Kind 'a
hard to believe MS would have a compatibility issue with their own websites
and IE8 software. But stranger things have occurred, I guess. Still no joy.
Thanks

> Hi K,
>
> Tools>Internet Options - Advanced tab, "Automatically recover from
> rendering errors with Compatibility View" (check)
>
> Tools>Compatibility View Settings
> "Include updated website lists from Microsoft" (check)
>
> Restart IE.
>
> Regards.
>
> "captfbgnet" <captfbgnet@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Vista x86 SP2 w/IE8: Some sites open as blank (white ) pages. Even
>> microsoft's own Answers webpage (see below) won't open properly. Have all
>> websites set to 'compatibility mode' and nearly all other sites work ok.
>> No problems on opening. But this MS forums site does not. Any
>> suggestions? Google, thus far, has not pin-pointed a solution. A 'forum
>> search' here has found nothing yet.
>>
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...8-4a338535b6d7
>>
>> --
>>
>> __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
>> If you seek happiness it will find you. It looks small as you gently hold
>> it in your hands, but let it go and you
>> learn at once how big and precious it is.

Debbie

Re: IE8 and blank screen
I am having the EXACT same problem only in IE7 with Vista Home Preimum sp2.
Same web site and all. Even tried to set trusted sites - didn't help

I tried the steps offered to the other poster and i do not find those
options in tools, internet options, advanced tab or tools, combatibility
settings.

Please help! Thanks very much!
--
Debbie