strage thing in ie 8

ano

strage thing in ie 8
How can I open the links from other programs in the new tab but not "on top"
in ie 8? I want to open it in background of tabs in ie8, I mean to open them
without disturbing my reading of the current page. I searched in
Tools/Internet Options/general/tabs/settings but I can't find this option. I
found something only for internal links. Please fix this bug. thanks, i spend
a lot of time for searching this option but ie dont have it. sorry for my
english
MHL

Re: strage thing in ie 8
Do some playing around with right clicking on links and Open in new Tab. I
know there is some kind of bug or implementation issue here too, it's just I
haven't taken the time to research it.

Describe EXACTLY what situation you find this Strange thing happening in by
listing steps...

"ano" <ano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I open the links from other programs in the new tab but not "on
> top"
> in ie 8? I want to open it in background of tabs in ie8, I mean to open
> them
> without disturbing my reading of the current page. I searched in
> Tools/Internet Options/general/tabs/settings but I can't find this option.
> found something only for internal links. Please fix this bug. thanks, i
> spend
> a lot of time for searching this option but ie dont have it. sorry for my
> english

Re: strage thing in ie 8
Tools | Internet Options | Tabs | Settings | Always switch to new tabs...
(uncheck)

ano wrote:
> How can I open the links from other programs in the new tab but not "on
> top"
> in ie 8? I want to open it in background of tabs in ie8, I mean to open
> them
> without disturbing my reading of the current page. I searched in
> Tools/Internet Options/general/tabs/settings but I can't find this option.
> found something only for internal links. Please fix this bug. thanks, i
> spend a lot of time for searching this option but ie dont have it. sorry
> for my english

ano

Re: strage thing in ie 8
this option is for opening an internal link (from ie), but i want to open in
that way from external ,from other programs, link

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Tools | Internet Options | Tabs | Settings | Always switch to new tabs...
> (uncheck)
>

> ano wrote:
> > How can I open the links from other programs in the new tab but not "on
> > top"
> > in ie 8? I want to open it in background of tabs in ie8, I mean to open
> > them
> > without disturbing my reading of the current page. I searched in
> > Tools/Internet Options/general/tabs/settings but I can't find this option.
> > found something only for internal links. Please fix this bug. thanks, i
> > spend a lot of time for searching this option but ie dont have it. sorry
> > for my english

ano

Re: strage thing in ie 8
steps for MHL:
1. i have ie 8 open with 2 tabs ok?one tab is microsoft.com and other is
microsoft.ro(for example)
2. i have installed on my pc MSN(for example) messenger (THE other program)
3. whe i got a link in my messenger window(when i chat with a person), i
click it but is opened in a new tab (i want that) but "on top" of all tabs in
ie8, and he disturbed my reading from my cuurrent tab
I want to open this link ( from chat window ) in IE with new tab but not
on top of other tabs
Microsoft.rom and microsoft.ro and msn messenger in this post is just for
examples
thanks for responds

> Do some playing around with right clicking on links and Open in new Tab. I
> know there is some kind of bug or implementation issue here too, it's just I
> haven't taken the time to research it.
>
> Describe EXACTLY what situation you find this Strange thing happening in by
> listing steps...
>
> "ano" <ano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can I open the links from other programs in the new tab but not "on
> > top"
> > in ie 8? I want to open it in background of tabs in ie8, I mean to open
> > them
> > without disturbing my reading of the current page. I searched in
> > Tools/Internet Options/general/tabs/settings but I can't find this option.
> > found something only for internal links. Please fix this bug. thanks, i
> > spend
> > a lot of time for searching this option but ie dont have it. sorry for my
> > english

MHL

Re: strage thing in ie 8
In this case, I would copy the link from Messenger, got to IE, open a New
Tab and then paste the link.

This is more steps, but will ensure that your other tabs aren't covered up.

> steps for MHL:
> 1. i have ie 8 open with 2 tabs ok?one tab is microsoft.com and other is
> microsoft.ro(for example)
> 2. i have installed on my pc MSN(for example) messenger (THE other
> program)
> 3. whe i got a link in my messenger window(when i chat with a person), i
> click it but is opened in a new tab (i want that) but "on top" of all tabs
> in
> ie8, and he disturbed my reading from my cuurrent tab
> I want to open this link ( from chat window ) in IE with new tab but not
> on top of other tabs
> Microsoft.rom and microsoft.ro and msn messenger in this post is just
> for
> examples
> thanks for responds
>

>> Do some playing around with right clicking on links and Open in new Tab.
>> know there is some kind of bug or implementation issue here too, it's
>> just I
>> haven't taken the time to research it.
>>
>> Describe EXACTLY what situation you find this Strange thing happening in
>> by
>> listing steps...
>>
>> "ano" <ano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How can I open the links from other programs in the new tab but not "on
>> > top"
>> > in ie 8? I want to open it in background of tabs in ie8, I mean to open
>> > them
>> > without disturbing my reading of the current page. I searched in
>> > Tools/Internet Options/general/tabs/settings but I can't find this
>> > option.
>> > found something only for internal links. Please fix this bug. thanks, i
>> > spend
>> > a lot of time for searching this option but ie dont have it. sorry for
>> > my
>> > english

ano

Re: strage thing in ie 8
This is manual option, I would like to find an automatical one

"MHL" wrote:

> In this case, I would copy the link from Messenger, got to IE, open a New
> Tab and then paste the link.
>
> This is more steps, but will ensure that your other tabs aren't covered up.
>
> "ano" <ano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > steps for MHL:
> > 1. i have ie 8 open with 2 tabs ok?one tab is microsoft.com and other is
> > microsoft.ro(for example)
> > 2. i have installed on my pc MSN(for example) messenger (THE other
> > program)
> > 3. whe i got a link in my messenger window(when i chat with a person), i
> > click it but is opened in a new tab (i want that) but "on top" of all tabs
> > in
> > ie8, and he disturbed my reading from my cuurrent tab
> > I want to open this link ( from chat window ) in IE with new tab but not
> > on top of other tabs
> > Microsoft.rom and microsoft.ro and msn messenger in this post is just
> > for
> > examples
> > thanks for responds
> >

> >> Do some playing around with right clicking on links and Open in new Tab.
> >> know there is some kind of bug or implementation issue here too, it's
> >> just I
> >> haven't taken the time to research it.
> >>
> >> Describe EXACTLY what situation you find this Strange thing happening in
> >> by
> >> listing steps...

MHL

Re: strage thing in ie 8
I understand, but can't help you with that. Sorry.

> This is manual option, I would like to find an automatical one
>
> "MHL" wrote:
>
>> In this case, I would copy the link from Messenger, got to IE, open a New
>> Tab and then paste the link.
>>
>> This is more steps, but will ensure that your other tabs aren't covered
>> up.
>>
>> "ano" <ano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > steps for MHL:
>> > 1. i have ie 8 open with 2 tabs ok?one tab is microsoft.com and other
>> > is
>> > microsoft.ro(for example)
>> > 2. i have installed on my pc MSN(for example) messenger (THE other
>> > program)
>> > 3. whe i got a link in my messenger window(when i chat with a person),
>> > click it but is opened in a new tab (i want that) but "on top" of all
>> > tabs
>> > in
>> > ie8, and he disturbed my reading from my cuurrent tab
>> > I want to open this link ( from chat window ) in IE with new tab but
>> > not
>> > on top of other tabs
>> > Microsoft.rom and microsoft.ro and msn messenger in this post is just
>> > for
>> > examples
>> > thanks for responds

ano

Re: strage thing in ie 8
thank very much for you answers MHL, when i find the resolve of this problem
i will post here imediately. see ya

"MHL" wrote:

> I understand, but can't help you with that. Sorry.
>
> "ano" <ano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This is manual option, I would like to find an automatical one
> >
> > "MHL" wrote:
> >
> >> In this case, I would copy the link from Messenger, got to IE, open a New
> >> Tab and then paste the link.
> >>
> >> This is more steps, but will ensure that your other tabs aren't covered
> >> up.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: strage thing in ie 8

"ano" <ano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6925A86-F1A5-470C-8BB0-79FAE7CCF2CF@microsoft.com...
> How can I open the links from other programs in the new tab but not "on top"
> in ie 8? I want to open it in background of tabs in ie8, I mean to open them
> without disturbing my reading of the current page. I searched in
> Tools/Internet Options/general/tabs/settings but I can't find this option. I
> found something only for internal links.

> Please fix this bug.

Not a bug. Slight usability and documentation deficiency though IMO.

This depends on your setting for

Always switch to new tabs as when they are created

So if that is unchecked new tabs can open as background tabs

Also if IE is in the background when this happens you may have to have
focus-stealing prevention in effect in your OS (which you have neglected
to disclose). FWIW in XP you can use its TweakUI to make sure that
only the Task bar notifies you of updates then.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---