can't get on line with VISTA

queen of the twilight zone

can't get on line with VISTA
I thought I need the latest version of Internet Explorer to get on line. My
computer with VISTA only connects about 15% of the time. It tries to find and
fix the connection problem but says it can't and to contact my ISP. At the
same time I can put my laptop with XP on my desk and get on line and I can go
to another computer in the building on a computer with XP and get on line. I
know it is VISTA, I know VISTA is the problem FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing is easy with Microsoft, I am thingking about an APPLE.
Tom Willett

Re: can't get on line with VISTA

"queen of the twilight zone" <queen of the twilight
zone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsDA67A4F-FCEF-49FF-A30C-B25F17BC86CF@microsoft.com...
:I thought I need the latest version of Internet Explorer to get on line. My
: computer with VISTA only connects about 15% of the time. It tries to find
and
: fix the connection problem but says it can't and to contact my ISP. At the
: same time I can put my laptop with XP on my desk and get on line and I can
go
: to another computer in the building on a computer with XP and get on line.
: know it is VISTA, I know VISTA is the problem FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!
: Nothing is easy with Microsoft, I am thingking about an APPLE.

First of all, post your VISTA questions/problems in a VISTA newsgroup.
Second of all, don't let the door hit you on the way out to the Apple Store.
You'll enjoy your MAC, as long as you don't have any software you need to
use.

Leonard Grey

Re: can't get on line with VISTA
Maybe you should be thinking about asking your ISP to show you how to
connect to the internet. Or maybe you should RTFM.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

queen of the twilight zone wrote:
> I thought I need the latest version of Internet Explorer to get on line. My
> computer with VISTA only connects about 15% of the time. It tries to find and
> fix the connection problem but says it can't and to contact my ISP. At the
> same time I can put my laptop with XP on my desk and get on line and I can go
> to another computer in the building on a computer with XP and get on line. I
> know it is VISTA, I know VISTA is the problem FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!
> Nothing is easy with Microsoft, I am thingking about an APPLE.

Re: can't get on line with VISTA
How to troubleshoot network connectivity problems in Internet Explorer
[ignore APPLIES TO section if you're not running Vista or IE7]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936211
www.banthecheck.com

queen of the twilight zone wrote:
> I thought I need the latest version of Internet Explorer to get on line.
> My
> computer with VISTA only connects about 15% of the time. It tries to find
> and fix the connection problem but says it can't and to contact my ISP. At
> the same time I can put my laptop with XP on my desk and get on line and I
> can go to another computer in the building on a computer with XP and get
> on
> line. I know it is VISTA, I know VISTA is the problem FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!
> Nothing is easy with Microsoft, I am thingking about an APPLE.

Saucy

Re: can't get on line with VISTA
It could be that the DSL or cable modem needs to be rebooted.

Turn off the computer.

Unplug the modem.

Unplug the router (if there's one).

Wait a few minutes.

Plug the modem back in.

Wait until the lights steady (or a few minutes).

Plug the router back in.

Wait until any router lights steady (or a couple minutes).

Boot up the computer.

Saucy