How to intercept XMLHttpRequests, including headers and responses?

Pang Wangshu

How to intercept XMLHttpRequests, including headers and responses?
I am working in a crawler project. My job is to capture asynchronous
requests and responses sent by XMLHttpRequest (XHR). I need to work
out a solution, which receives a URL and automatically intercept Ajax
requests and corresponding responses. This feature is particular
necessary in video hosting website, for considerable information, such
as Comments List and Play Count, are transferred asynchronously. I can
use either IE’s approach or Firefox (Gecko)’s approach.

I’ve tried APP Control in the control csExWB. But data is
insufficient, lacking of POST data and responses body. And in its
higher version (v2.0.0.2), two key events DownloadRequestAsynch and
DownloadRequestSynch do not work properly in my environment (Windows
XP SP3, Internet Explorer 8).

Although Gecko’s open source approach has lots of merits, however,
quite a lot of documents in MDC have been out of date, and therefore I
can hardly find helpful materials. So I incline to probe further into
the ComUtilities, changing part of them to implement the feature.

Anyone could help me? Explain the overall structure of the Com
project, and tell me where to start with. Thanks very much.
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: How to intercept XMLHttpRequests, including headers and responses?
"Pang Wangshu" <pangwangshu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0e000cc9-be4b-4354-a2b6-3e93182eb40b@w37g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

> [Subject: How to intercept XMLHttpRequests, including headers and responses?]

Try using Fiddler2 and its session capture facility?

BTW a better site for looking for help with IE development issues
is the MSDN forum.

BTW2: please try to avoid posting from Google Groups with Quoted Printable. It is possible somehow because I have seen others
switch
it off.

---

<QP>
[...]