Internet Explorer 6 to Internet Explorer 8

gayboylaca

Internet Explorer 6 to Internet Explorer 8
I have been using Internet Explorer 6 because I had too many problems with
Internet Explorer 7. Is there any good reason to switch to Internet Explorer
8? Is it faster than Internet Explorer 6?
dee

Re: Internet Explorer 6 to Internet Explorer 8
On 1 Sep, 22:16, ***boylaca <***boyl...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I have been using Internet Explorer 6 because I had too many problems with
> Internet Explorer 7. Is there any good reason to switch to Internet Explorer
> 8? Is it faster than Internet Explorer 6?

Hi, i have been using IE8 for about a week now and think it's a good
improvement on earlier versions. Do a bit of googling and research on
it before you decide if it's for you. The best new features are the
Accelerators, the Quick Tabs and the Favourites Bar. Seems to be
working fine for me so far but you do need to study the features amd
tweak the various settings within it to suit yourself. Here is a good
kink with a video about the Accelerators, this is definitely the best
thing abouit it.
http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-use...n-IE8-89995395
dee
Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer 6 to Internet Explorer 8
IE 8 is /substantially/ more secure than IE 6, and for that reason alone
you should upgrade. In addition, IE 8 has /many/ usability improvements
over IE 6.

Follow these suggestions and you are virtually assured of success.

1- Read about the new features of IE 8 on Microsoft's website (and
elsewhere on the web).
2- Read the Release Notes
3- Make sure your computer is 100% free of malware.
4- Make sure your computer is otherwise problem-free. Upgrading to IE 8
is not a fix for problems you are currently experiencing.
5- Make sure all your software (including Windows itself) and drivers
are up to date.
6- Make sure all your security software, as well as any other software
you frequently use and websites you frequently visit, are compatible
with IE 8.
7- Backup your personal files (documents, photos, spreadsheets, etc.) as
well as your e-mail, address book and Favorites; and create a restore
point. (If you're familiar with disk imaging, backup your hard drive.)
8- You may need to uninstall third-party toolbars from your current
version of Internet Explorer; or reset Internet Explorer to default
settings. When you reset Internet Explorer settings, all add-ons and
customizations are deleted, and you basically start with a fresh version
of Internet Explorer.
9- Download the IE 8 installer from the Microsoft website.
10- Close all open applications, i.e., applications with an icon on the
Taskbar.
11- Disable your security software. Turn on Windows Firewall.
12- During IE 8 installation, agree to "Install updates."
13- Reboot /twice/ after installing IE 8.
14- Turn off Windows Firewall. Re-enable your security software.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

***boylaca wrote:
> I have been using Internet Explorer 6 because I had too many problems with
> Internet Explorer 7. Is there any good reason to switch to Internet Explorer
> 8? Is it faster than Internet Explorer 6?

dee

Re: Internet Explorer 6 to Internet Explorer 8
just an extra bit of info, I have RoboForm installed and the new IE8
integrated itself fully with it and changed nothing in connection with
it, brilliant! :-)
undisclosed

Re: Internet Explorer 6 to Internet Explorer 8

Hi, this is Feran with the Internet Explorer Outreach Team. From a
security standpoint, IE8 is a much safer browser than previous versions
so may be in your best interest to upgrade. In fact a new NSS Labs study
shows that Internet Explorer 8 is the best browser for protecting
consumers against malware and phishing attacks. Read more here: 'IEBlog
: Real-World Protection With IE8?s SmartScreen Filter?'
(http://tinyurl.com/npxzzf)
It also has many new features such as web slices and accelerators.
You can download IE8, as well as learn more about it here: 'Internet
Explorer 8: Home page' (http://tinyurl.com/mk8c6r).

--
feranm_ie8team
Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer 6 to Internet Explorer 8
WARNING: The "Internet Explorer Outreach Team" has no connection to
Microsoft at all. He/They are regular computer users, just like you and me.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

undisclosed wrote:
> Hi, this is Feran with the Internet Explorer Outreach Team. From a
> security standpoint, IE8 is a much safer browser than previous versions
> so may be in your best interest to upgrade. In fact a new NSS Labs study
> shows that Internet Explorer 8 is the best browser for protecting
> consumers against malware and phishing attacks. Read more here: 'IEBlog
> : Real-World Protection With IE8?s SmartScreen Filter?'
> (http://tinyurl.com/npxzzf)
> It also has many new features such as web slices and accelerators.
> You can download IE8, as well as learn more about it here: 'Internet
> Explorer 8: Home page' (http://tinyurl.com/mk8c6r).

Re: Internet Explorer 6 to Internet Explorer 8
Why do you use TinyURL links when you could use the real/full links and be
transparent with IE users? Haven't you heard of the End to End Trust
initiative (cf.
http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/twc/...st/vision.aspx).

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...en-filter.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...r/default.aspx
www.banthecheck.com

undisclosed wrote:
> Hi, this is Feran with the Internet Explorer Outreach Team. From a
> security standpoint, IE8 is a much safer browser than previous versions
> so may be in your best interest to upgrade. In fact a new NSS Labs study
> shows that Internet Explorer 8 is the best browser for protecting
> consumers against malware and phishing attacks. Read more here: 'IEBlog
>> Real-World Protection With IE8?s SmartScreen Filter?'

> (http://tinyurl.com/npxzzf)
> It also has many new features such as web slices and accelerators.
> You can download IE8, as well as learn more about it here: 'Internet
> Explorer 8: Home page' (http://tinyurl.com/mk8c6r).

Gordon

> Why do you use TinyURL links when you could use the real/full links and be
> transparent with IE users?

The real way is to provide both - especially if the real links are very long
and wrap over more than one line ;-)