IE8

roostertail56

IE8
I've been using IE8 for some months now and find I like it well enough. At
the beginning I had issues with slow tab openings, errors, etc. but with some
help from these boards, I was able to change some setting on my ad blocker
(Super Ad Blocker).

My current problem and it probably still relates to the ad blocker is if I
try to open a new page say from a link in an emai I get a pop up that says
IE8 has encountered a problem and must close. I click OK and then the tab
opens to the web page I originally wanted to start. So I don't have a
problem getting the page to open but it's the continual error window that
pops up.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Nick
roostertail56

RE: IE8
I would also like to add, I use ESET NOD32 Antivirus and Spybot SD. I had to
make some settings changes to them as well when I upgraded to IE8

Thanks

"roostertail56" wrote:

> I've been using IE8 for some months now and find I like it well enough. At
> the beginning I had issues with slow tab openings, errors, etc. but with some
> help from these boards, I was able to change some setting on my ad blocker
> (Super Ad Blocker).
>
> My current problem and it probably still relates to the ad blocker is if I
> try to open a new page say from a link in an emai I get a pop up that says
> IE8 has encountered a problem and must close. I click OK and then the tab
> opens to the web page I originally wanted to start. So I don't have a
> problem getting the page to open but it's the continual error window that
> pops up.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated
>
> Nick

Re: IE8
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

4. Was (a) NOD32 and/or Spybot Residents (b) SDHelper and/or (c) Tea Timer
running in the background when you installed IE8? Have you purchased NOD32?

5. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
www.banthecheck.com