IE8 locks-up process still running after I close with "End Task"

Chris

IE8 locks-up process still running after I close with "End Task"
I recently gave IE8 a 4th try, and it seems the speed has been improved to a
tolerable level, but the application locks-up when using tabbed browsing. I
stopped very other application and service possible, and used no plug-ins, as
I'm all too familiar with the "Do you have any other software within 100
gigabytes, if so that's the problem." response.
After I close internet explorer with the task manger, I see 50%+ of my
resources are being used. When I look in Process Explorer, I see several
internet explorer process still running, even though the app is closed. I
have to stop these processes manually.
Any ideas? Perhaps IE8 was a good try, but it's time to throw in the towel
and try again????

Any assistance or ETA patches would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 locks-up process still running after I close with "End Task"
Your computer is probably infected. Can't blame that on Internet Explorer.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Chris wrote:
> I recently gave IE8 a 4th try, and it seems the speed has been improved to a
> tolerable level, but the application locks-up when using tabbed browsing. I
> stopped very other application and service possible, and used no plug-ins, as
> I'm all too familiar with the "Do you have any other software within 100
> gigabytes, if so that's the problem." response.
> After I close internet explorer with the task manger, I see 50%+ of my
> resources are being used. When I look in Process Explorer, I see several
> internet explorer process still running, even though the app is closed. I
> have to stop these processes manually.
> Any ideas? Perhaps IE8 was a good try, but it's time to throw in the towel
> and try again????
>
> Any assistance or ETA patches would be appreciated.
> Thanks,

cbt4064

Re: IE8 locks-up process still running after I close with "End Tas
Brilliant! With that sort of demonstration of your troubleshooting
capability, I'm surprised Microsoft doesn't hire you to solve all of their
software problems!

I sure hope you aren't an example of the level of expertise on this forum,
given this is my first post, I apparently stumbled into the wrong place to
get knowledgable assistance on anything! I'm hoping you are just the idiot
who posts something condescending about other users needing help to
compensate for some other deficiency in your life!

If anyone has a serious idea what's going on with IE8, I'd appreciate
hearing from you.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Your computer is probably infected. Can't blame that on Internet Explorer.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Chris wrote:
> > I recently gave IE8 a 4th try, and it seems the speed has been improved to a
> > tolerable level, but the application locks-up when using tabbed browsing. I
> > stopped very other application and service possible, and used no plug-ins, as
> > I'm all too familiar with the "Do you have any other software within 100
> > gigabytes, if so that's the problem." response.
> > After I close internet explorer with the task manger, I see 50%+ of my
> > resources are being used. When I look in Process Explorer, I see several
> > internet explorer process still running, even though the app is closed. I
> > have to stop these processes manually.
> > Any ideas? Perhaps IE8 was a good try, but it's time to throw in the towel
> > and try again????
> >
> > Any assistance or ETA patches would be appreciated.
> > Thanks,

aj_nsc is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: IE8 locks-up process still running after I close with "End Tas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbt4064 View Post

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Your computer is probably infected. Can't blame that on Internet Explorer.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Chris wrote:
> > I recently gave IE8 a 4th try, and it seems the speed has been improved to a
> > tolerable level, but the application locks-up when using tabbed browsing. I
> > stopped very other application and service possible, and used no plug-ins, as
> > I'm all too familiar with the "Do you have any other software within 100
> > gigabytes, if so that's the problem." response.
> > After I close internet explorer with the task manger, I see 50%+ of my
> > resources are being used. When I look in Process Explorer, I see several
> > internet explorer process still running, even though the app is closed. I
> > have to stop these processes manually.
> > Any ideas? Perhaps IE8 was a good try, but it's time to throw in the towel
> > and try again????
> >
> > Any assistance or ETA patches would be appreciated.
> > Thanks,

Don't you hate these jerks who reply to these threads with crap answers?

I have the same problem. I haven't tested this solution yet, but it looks like it's the same problem: ie8 does not close. Browser appears closed, but task manager still shows it opened. Each time it is opened another istance of ie8 opens.
kayta

Re: IE8 locks-up process still running after I close with "End Tas
I to am having these same issues and I have McAfee security and have done
scans and everything else. Most people are not stupid and know to check for
viruses first! Can some one give us good advise?

"aj_nsc" wrote:

> cbt4064;1551175 Wrote:
> > Brilliant! With that sort of demonstration of your troubleshooting
> > capability, I'm surprised Microsoft doesn't hire you to solve all of
> > their
> > software problems!
> >
> > I sure hope you aren't an example of the level of expertise on this
> > forum,
> > given this is my first post, I apparently stumbled into the wrong place
> > get knowledgable assistance on anything! I'm hoping you are just the
> > idiot
> > who posts something condescending about other users needing help to
> > compensate for some other deficiency in your life!
> >
> > If anyone has a serious idea what's going on with IE8, I'd appreciate
> > hearing from you.
> >
> > "Leonard Grey" wrote:
> >
> > > Your computer is probably infected. Can't blame that on Internet

> > Explorer.
> > > ---
> > > Leonard Grey
> > > Errare humanum est

> > improved to a

> > browsing. I

> > plug-ins, as

> > within 100

> > my

> > several

> > closed. I

> > the towel

> Don't you hate these jerks who reply to these threads with crap
> answers?
>
> I have the same problem. I haven't tested this solution yet, but it
> looks like it's the same problem: 'ie8 does not close. Browser appears
> closed, but task manager still shows it opened. Each time it is opened
> another istance of ie8 opens.' (http://tinyurl.com/yc5je3a)
>

> --
> aj_nsc

aj_nsc is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: IE8 locks-up process still running after I close with "End Tas
My post above was supposed to have URL at the end, but it looks like just a bunch of keywords. It's actually a solution to the problem - it's caused by an Adobe add-on. Click on the link at the end of my above post