IE8 Favorites Button

Larry

IE8 Favorites Button
Hi. I have XP Home, SP3, with all updates. I just downloaded and installed
IE8, rebooted twice and applied updates after installation. I ran PA Bear's
suggested installation process, I.e. turning off A/V, disabling toolbars,
etc. and everything seemed to go very smoothly, but there's one difference
from my IE7 that I can't figure out. In IE7, after clicking on my Favorites
(Star) button on the toolbar, I would get a second menu where I could select
Favorites, Feeds or History. When I click on the Favorites (Star) button, my
new IE8 simply opens my Feeds with no option (that I can find) to open
Favorites or History. Comments, suggestions, solutions appreciated. Thanks.

Larry

Re: IE8 Favorites Button
Well, it's become obvious to me that it's the Favorites (Star) Button that's
misbehaving. When I hover the mouse over the Star button, I get a temporary
text box saying "View Favorites, Feeds and History (Alt + C)". Then after
clicking on the Favorites (Star) Button, the drop down window opens with,
say, Feeds. I can toggle to my Favorites and History by keying CTRL + Shift
+I and CTRL + Shift +H and back to Feeds by CTRL + Shift + J. So how do I
fix the Favorites (Star) button behavior?

"Larry" <shelquis.delete@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I have XP Home, SP3, with all updates. I just downloaded and installed
> IE8, rebooted twice and applied updates after installation. I ran PA
> Bear's suggested installation process, I.e. turning off A/V, disabling
> toolbars, etc. and everything seemed to go very smoothly, but there's one
> difference from my IE7 that I can't figure out. In IE7, after clicking on
> my Favorites (Star) button on the toolbar, I would get a second menu where
> I could select Favorites, Feeds or History. When I click on the Favorites
> (Star) button, my new IE8 simply opens my Feeds with no option (that I can
> find) to open Favorites or History. Comments, suggestions, solutions
> appreciated. Thanks.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE8 Favorites Button

http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=a...133&artlang=en

> "Larry" <shelquis.delete@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi. I have XP Home, SP3, with all updates. I just downloaded and installed
>> IE8, rebooted twice and applied updates after installation. I ran PA
>> Bear's suggested installation process, I.e. turning off A/V, disabling
>> toolbars, etc. and everything seemed to go very smoothly, but there's one
>> difference from my IE7 that I can't figure out. In IE7, after clicking on
>> my Favorites (Star) button on the toolbar, I would get a second menu where
>> I could select Favorites, Feeds or History. When I click on the Favorites
>> (Star) button, my new IE8 simply opens my Feeds with no option (that I can
>> find) to open Favorites or History. Comments, suggestions, solutions
>> appreciated. Thanks.

Larry

Re: IE8 Favorites Button
Thanks Robert. Kai's script did the trick. Got the missing tabs back where
they're 'sposed to be. Thanks.