Can't Paste into certain fields in IE8

noblight

Can't Paste into certain fields in IE8
Sometime in the past couple of weeks (impossible to figure out exactly
when) I lost the ability to paste data from the clipboard into certain
fields on webpages.

Example: When uploading photos on various webpages, there is a field
where you can type the path to the file that you want to upload. In
the past, I could copy the path from another location and just paste
it into this field. No more. This happens across several websites, not
just one, so I doubt that multiple websites changed their policies all
at the same time.

I thought maybe this resulted from some security update or setting in
Vista or in IE8, but can find no info on this.

Appreciate any help.
rob^_^

Re: Can't Paste into certain fields in IE8
HI NoBlight,

Tools>Internet Options - Security tab. Press the 'Default' button on each
security zone and accept the default security settings that the IE Team
recommends.

There are security settings to "Allow programmatic access to the clipboard"
and also "Include local directory path when uploading files to a server",
which you may have accidentally changed. (Accept the default security
settings)

Some sites may also restrict what can be pasted into an input field. (Too
long, invalid characters).

Regards.

"noblight" <noblight@cox.net> wrote in message
> Sometime in the past couple of weeks (impossible to figure out exactly
> when) I lost the ability to paste data from the clipboard into certain
> fields on webpages.
>
> Example: When uploading photos on various webpages, there is a field
> where you can type the path to the file that you want to upload. In
> the past, I could copy the path from another location and just paste
> it into this field. No more. This happens across several websites, not
> just one, so I doubt that multiple websites changed their policies all
> at the same time.
>
> I thought maybe this resulted from some security update or setting in
> Vista or in IE8, but can find no info on this.
>
> Appreciate any help.

jbhansen

Re: Can't Paste into certain fields in IE8
Having the same problem but this didn't solve the problem for me. In IE8 on
Vista, all my "browse for a file" text boxes have a grey background and when
you double-click on the text box itself it opens the browse files dialog.
Also, no bar cursor - just an arrow when hovering over the box...

It's annoying to have to browse all the way to a file when I have the name
right there on the clipboard ready to paste with a simple keystroke.

Any other ideas?