CURSOR PROBLEMS

Steve L.

CURSOR PROBLEMS
Suddenly my cursor wiggles and jumps, alternating from arrow to hourglass and
back. If I move it it changes back to the cursor line. This happens on IE8
pages and somewhat in windows Mail, but not in my own files. It seems to be
getting worse. I could not find cause of fix on the Internet.

Thank you

Steve L.
Los Angeles
rob^_^

Re: CURSOR PROBLEMS
Hi Steve,

Do you have any AOL software or Quicktime installed? These regularly 'call
home' to check for updates. Turn off the automatic updates for these
third-party products.

Regards.

"Steve L." <SteveL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Suddenly my cursor wiggles and jumps, alternating from arrow to hourglass
> and
> back. If I move it it changes back to the cursor line. This happens on
> IE8
> pages and somewhat in windows Mail, but not in my own files. It seems to
> be
> getting worse. I could not find cause of fix on the Internet.
>
> Thank you
>
> Steve L.
> Los Angeles

Steve L.

Re: CURSOR PROBLEMS
Rob,

Thanks. I couldn't figure out how to turn off updates so I uninstalled
Quicktime and the cursor is back to normal. Thanks again.

Steve

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> Do you have any AOL software or Quicktime installed? These regularly 'call
> home' to check for updates. Turn off the automatic updates for these
> third-party products.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Steve L." <SteveL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Suddenly my cursor wiggles and jumps, alternating from arrow to hourglass
> > and
> > back. If I move it it changes back to the cursor line. This happens on
> > IE8
> > pages and somewhat in windows Mail, but not in my own files. It seems to
> > be
> > getting worse. I could not find cause of fix on the Internet.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Steve L.
> > Los Angeles

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: CURSOR PROBLEMS
rob^_^ wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> Do you have any AOL software or Quicktime installed? These regularly 'call
> home' to check for updates. Turn off the automatic updates for these
> third-party products.

Nice catch, Rob.

> Regards.

Cheers,

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

> "Steve L." <SteveL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Suddenly my cursor wiggles and jumps, alternating from arrow to hourglass
>> and
>> back. If I move it it changes back to the cursor line. This happens on
>> IE8
>> pages and somewhat in windows Mail, but not in my own files. It seems to
>> be
>> getting worse. I could not find cause of fix on the Internet.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Steve L.
>> Los Angeles

rob^_^

Re: CURSOR PROBLEMS
Not many tricks that you can teach an old dog.

In the Internet nobody knows you're a dog.

"Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" <enzodirusso@xoom.it> wrote in message
> rob^_^ wrote:
>
>> Hi Steve,
>>
>> Do you have any AOL software or Quicktime installed? These regularly
>> 'call
>> home' to check for updates. Turn off the automatic updates for these
>> third-party products.

> Nice catch, Rob.
>
>> Regards.

> Cheers,
>
> --
> Vincenzo Di Russo
> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/
>
>> "Steve L." <SteveL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Suddenly my cursor wiggles and jumps, alternating from arrow to
>>> hourglass
>>> and
>>> back. If I move it it changes back to the cursor line. This happens on
>>> IE8
>>> pages and somewhat in windows Mail, but not in my own files. It seems
>>> be
>>> getting worse. I could not find cause of fix on the Internet.
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>>
>>> Steve L.
>>> Los Angeles

Re: CURSOR PROBLEMS