Re: How to install IE8?

[crosspost to IE General]

Go to Windows Update | select CUSTOM & scan | Restore hidden updates.

That being said, my personal recommendations include:

=> Install IE8 manually, not via Windows Update/Automatic Updates!! =>
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...ide-sites.aspx

NB: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it. When you're prepared
to install IE8, double-click on the saved file.

=> Uninstall all third-party toolbars (e.g., Google; Yahoo; Windows Live)
and third-party Windows Themes before installing IE8.

=> Close all open applications (i.e., anything with a taskbar icon) before
installing or uninstalling IE8.

=> I would strongly recommend disabling your anti-virus application and any
anti-spyware application's "system protections" (other than Defender's)
before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade. If you're running a
third-party firewall, I would recommend disabling it and then enabling the
Windows Firewall before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade.

=> Create a Restore Point manually before installing IE8. [Do NOT use
System Restore to remove/uninstall IE8; instead, see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700. Then use the Restore Point prior to
reinstalling IE8 per these recommendations. Norton users will need to see
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/symantecdoc1.html.]

=> Reboot twice after installing or uninstalling IE8, then check-in at
Windows Update and install any critical security updates offered.

=> For best chance of success with IE8, make certain that your anti-virus
application version, any anti-spyware applications (other than Defender),
and your third-party firewall (if any) are supported in IE8 before you
decide install it.

environment.
=> US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
=> Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043
www.banthecheck.com

Eric wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to install IE8?
> After installing XP, I update the window, and reject to install IE8 for
> asking any more. At this moment, I would like to install IE8, but when I
> update window, IE8 is no more an option for installation, and I can only
> see
> IE7.
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to enable any window feature?
> so I can install IE8 on window update?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric

Larry

Re: How to install IE8?
PABear, you say you " would strongly recommend disabling your anti-virus
application and any anti-spyware application's "system protections" (other
than Defender's) before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade".
Question: does the install require internet access during the process?
Thanks.

Peter Foldes

Re: How to install IE8?
No

--
Peter

"Larry" <shelquis.delete@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> is available via the phone based on your locale through 31 December 2009.
>> Customers must be running Windows XP or Windows Vista in a non-domain
>> environment.
>> => US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
>> => Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> www.banthecheck.com
>>

>> Eric wrote:
>>> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to install IE8?
>>> After installing XP, I update the window, and reject to install IE8 for
>>> asking any more. At this moment, I would like to install IE8, but when I
>>> update window, IE8 is no more an option for installation, and I can only see
>>> IE7.
>>> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to enable any window feature?

Re: How to install IE8?
No but check-in at Windows Update /immediately/ after installing IE8 and
install any critical security updates (only) offered.