mht File

Jane

mht File
Hi,,,
I have a mht file which opens in Explorer and displays eanch of about 6
images in sequence.
i am trying to get a single file of each image but there seems no control
other than to watch the file.
if i right click i get 2 options,,,
-adobe flash player settings and
-about adobe flash player
i would just like to get these pics so as i can print each one.
Any ideas what i need to do this much appreciated,,,
Thanks
Jane
--
Regards
Jane
Don Varnau

Re: mht File
Hi,
1. Open the MHT file and wait for the desired image to display.
2. Use the PrintScreen key (PrntScr, PrtScrn) to copy the page to the
clipboard.
3. Paste the page into an image editing program
4. Edit/crop out the content you don't want.
6. Save

Recommended free (donations welcome) program
IrfanView from http://www.irfanview.com/

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,,,
> I have a mht file which opens in Explorer and displays eanch of about 6
> images in sequence.
> i am trying to get a single file of each image but there seems no control
> other than to watch the file.
> if i right click i get 2 options,,,
> -adobe flash player settings and
> -about adobe flash player
> i would just like to get these pics so as i can print each one.
> Any ideas what i need to do this much appreciated,,,
> Thanks
> Jane
> -
> Regards
> Jane

Donald Anadell

Re: mht File

"Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,,,
> I have a mht file which opens in Explorer and displays eanch of about 6
> images in sequence.
> i am trying to get a single file of each image but there seems no control
> other than to watch the file.
> if i right click i get 2 options,,,
> -adobe flash player settings and
> -about adobe flash player
> i would just like to get these pics so as i can print each one.

> Any ideas what i need to do this much appreciated,,,

Hi,

To add to Don Varnau's excellent advise, here is another means by which you
might extract the images you want from the MHT file.

From your discription, it sounds like you have images that are embedded in a
..swf file(Flash File) which in turn is embedded in a .mht file.

To begin extracting images you would first have to extract the Flash
File(.swf file) containing the images from the MHT file. Then you would have
to extract the images from the Flash file itself.

To extract the Flash file from the MHT file is an easy matter if you have
Winzip installed on your machine. Simply rename the file extension on the
MHT file from ".mht" to ".uue" and open the file up in Winzip.

From Winzip you can then extract the .swf file file containing your images
to the desktop.

Now that you've extracted the .swf file containing the images to your
desktop, you will need another piece of software to extract the images from
the Flash File. There are many programs available on the web for such
purposes, some you need to pay for and other are freeware.

One example of a SWF file extraction Program that costs a little is:

Flash Toolset 2.0 ($29.00)
http://www.flashtoolset.com/FTS/index.html

This program used to be freeware back when it was Version 1.0, but when they
came out with version 2.0 the started charging for it.

An Example of a SWF file extraction Program that is free(and should do the
job for you) is:

SWF Picture Extractor 1.7 (Free)
http://www.dcomsoft.com/

Direct Download Link: