IE 7.0 without extra's

Jean-Paul

IE 7.0 without extra's
Hi

To see a website I needed to install firefox
Now, whenever I startup IE 7.0 I get a message it starts without things
like Activex... (don't know how to translate the dutch word)
I looked for help, all I found was how to start IE without these extra
programms and that everything should work when you restart IE.
In my case IE ALWAYS starts without these extra programms

What to do?
Thanks

Re: IE 7.0 without extra's
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

It sounds like IE7 is starting in No Add-ons mode by default. You may have
a horked (dirty; bad; flawed) install of IE7. I suggest that
you...

1. Uninstall IE7 (which automatically returns you to IE6) EXACTLY per
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html [Only use the Command
%windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe if you cannot uninstall via Add/Remove
Programs! Ignore any "such and such may not work if..." prompts. Ignore
any references to Vista on the page.]

2a. Uninstall all toolbars and third-party Windows Themes (including Window
Blinds).

2b. Disable all Norton Add-ons, if applicable.

3. Reinstall IE7 EXACTLY per
http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install <= Steps #1-8, #10 &
#11; take note of #12, then STOP!

IE7 will not be offered via Windows Update. You can download the installer
here:

Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it. Then double-click on the
saved file when you're ready to install IE7.

4. IMMEDIATELY go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com, select CUSTOM &
scan; install any critical updates offered. If a "Root Certificates" update
is listed in the Optional category, install it to take full advantage of
IE7's additional security.

Tip: Uncheck IE8 and "hide" it.

Also see:

IEBlog : IE7 (Un)Installation and Anti-Malware Applications

IEBlog: IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3
www.banthecheck.com

Jean-Paul wrote:
> To see a website I needed to install firefox
> Now, whenever I startup IE 7.0 I get a message it starts without things
> like Activex... (don't know how to translate the dutch word)
> I looked for help, all I found was how to start IE without these extra
> programms and that everything should work when you restart IE.
> In my case IE ALWAYS starts without these extra programms

Jean-Paul

Re: IE 7.0 without extra's
I use XP service pack 3
I can not use the add remove way because, when clicking IE, no remove
button appears.
I tried with the C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\spuninst command but
no spininst program can be found...

Furthermore... I am no spe******t... is there an easy way?

Thanks

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2)
> when
> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> It sounds like IE7 is starting in No Add-ons mode by default. You may
> have a horked (dirty; bad; flawed) install of IE7. I suggest that
> you...
>
> 1. Uninstall IE7 (which automatically returns you to IE6) EXACTLY per
> http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html [Only use the Command
> %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe if you cannot uninstall via Add/Remove
> Programs! Ignore any "such and such may not work if..." prompts. Ignore
> any references to Vista on the page.]
>
> 2a. Uninstall all toolbars and third-party Windows Themes (including Window
> Blinds).
>
> 2b. Disable all Norton Add-ons, if applicable.
>
> 3. Reinstall IE7 EXACTLY per
> http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install <= Steps #1-8, #10 &
> #11; take note of #12, then STOP!
>
> IE7 will not be offered via Windows Update. You can download the installer
> here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...0-081805b2f90b
>

> Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it. Then double-click on
> the
> saved file when you're ready to install IE7.
>
> 4. IMMEDIATELY go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com, select CUSTOM &
> scan; install any critical updates offered. If a "Root Certificates"
> update
> is listed in the Optional category, install it to take full advantage of
> IE7's additional security.
>
> Tip: Uncheck IE8 and "hide" it.
>
> Also see:
>
> IEBlog : IE7 (Un)Installation and Anti-Malware Applications
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...lications.aspx
>

> IEBlog: IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...and-xpsp3.aspx

Re: IE 7.0 without extra's
Which was installed first, IE7 or SP3?

Has IE7 always opened in No Add-ons mode (i.e., ever since you installed
it)?

Are you referring to IE8, not IE7?

Jean-Paul wrote:
> I use XP service pack 3
> I can not use the add remove way because, when clicking IE, no remove
> button appears.
> I tried with the C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\spuninst command but
> no spininst program can be found...
>
> Furthermore... I am no spe******t... is there an easy way?
>
> Thanks
>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2)
>> when
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>> It sounds like IE7 is starting in No Add-ons mode by default. You may
>> have a horked (dirty; bad; flawed) install of IE7. I suggest that
>> you...
>>
>> 1. Uninstall IE7 (which automatically returns you to IE6) EXACTLY per
>> http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html [Only use the Command
>> %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe if you cannot uninstall via Add/Remove
>> Programs! Ignore any "such and such may not work if..." prompts. Ignore
>> any references to Vista on the page.]
>>
>> 2a. Uninstall all toolbars and third-party Windows Themes (including
>> Window
>> Blinds).
>>
>> 2b. Disable all Norton Add-ons, if applicable.
>>
>> 3. Reinstall IE7 EXACTLY per
>> http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install <= Steps #1-8, #10
>> &
>> #11; take note of #12, then STOP!
>>
>> IE7 will not be offered via Windows Update. You can download the
>> installer
>> here:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...0-081805b2f90b
>>

>> Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it. Then double-click on
>> the
>> saved file when you're ready to install IE7.
>>
>> 4. IMMEDIATELY go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com, select CUSTOM &
>> scan; install any critical updates offered. If a "Root Certificates"
>> update
>> is listed in the Optional category, install it to take full advantage of
>> IE7's additional security.
>>
>> Tip: Uncheck IE8 and "hide" it.
>>
>> Also see:
>>
>> IEBlog : IE7 (Un)Installation and Anti-Malware Applications
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...lications.aspx
>>

>> IEBlog: IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...and-xpsp3.aspx

Jean-Paul

Re: IE 7.0 without extra's
I use IE7
SP3 was installed first
Everything ran perfectly untill I installed Firefox....

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Which was installed first, IE7 or SP3?
>
> Has IE7 always opened in No Add-ons mode (i.e., ever since you installed
> it)?
>
> Are you referring to IE8, not IE7?
>

> Jean-Paul wrote:
>> I use XP service pack 3
>> I can not use the add remove way because, when clicking IE, no remove
>> button appears.
>> I tried with the C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\spuninst command but
>> no spininst program can be found...
>>
>> Furthermore... I am no spe******t... is there an easy way?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2)
>>> when
>>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>>
>>> It sounds like IE7 is starting in No Add-ons mode by default. You may
>>> have a horked (dirty; bad; flawed) install of IE7. I suggest that
>>> you...
>>>
>>> 1. Uninstall IE7 (which automatically returns you to IE6) EXACTLY per
>>> http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html [Only use the Command
>>> %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe if you cannot uninstall via
>>> Add/Remove
>>> Programs! Ignore any "such and such may not work if..." prompts.
>>> Ignore
>>> any references to Vista on the page.]
>>>
>>> 2a. Uninstall all toolbars and third-party Windows Themes (including
>>> Window
>>> Blinds).
>>>
>>> 2b. Disable all Norton Add-ons, if applicable.
>>>
>>> 3. Reinstall IE7 EXACTLY per
>>> http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install <= Steps #1-8,
>>> #10 &
>>> #11; take note of #12, then STOP!
>>>
>>> IE7 will not be offered via Windows Update. You can download the
>>> installer
>>> here:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...0-081805b2f90b
>>>

>>> Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it. Then double-click on
>>> the
>>> saved file when you're ready to install IE7.
>>>
>>> 4. IMMEDIATELY go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com, select CUSTOM &
>>> scan; install any critical updates offered. If a "Root Certificates"
>>> update
>>> is listed in the Optional category, install it to take full advantage of
>>> IE7's additional security.
>>>
>>> Tip: Uncheck IE8 and "hide" it.
>>>
>>> Also see:
>>>
>>> IEBlog : IE7 (Un)Installation and Anti-Malware Applications
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...lications.aspx
>>>

>>> IEBlog: IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...and-xpsp3.aspx

Re: IE 7.0 without extra's
> Everything ran perfectly untill I installed Firefox....

Is FF or IE7 configured as your default browser?

If you uninstall FF, does the behavior persist in IE?

>>> I use XP service pack 3
>>> I can not use the add remove way because, when clicking IE, no remove
>>> button appears.
>>> I tried with the C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\spuninst command but
>>> no spininst program can be found...

> SP3 was installed first

Do you use Registry cleaners (e.g., Registry Mechanic; PC Booster; RegCure;
CCleaner)?

in the background when you installed IE7, SP3, and/or FF?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?

Jean-Paul wrote:
> I use IE7
> SP3 was installed first
> Everything ran perfectly untill I installed Firefox....
>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> Which was installed first, IE7 or SP3?
>>
>> Has IE7 always opened in No Add-ons mode (i.e., ever since you installed
>> it)?
>>
>> Are you referring to IE8, not IE7?
>>
>> Jean-Paul wrote:
>>> I use XP service pack 3
>>> I can not use the add remove way because, when clicking IE, no remove
>>> button appears.
>>> I tried with the C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\spuninst command but
>>> no spininst program can be found...
>>>
>>> Furthermore... I am no spe******t... is there an easy way?

Jean-Paul

Re: IE 7.0 without extra's
I uninstalled FF and IE just runs perfectly...
except it opens in French mode instead of Dutch mode...
What can cause this ?

I need to install FF... so if I do so, will the problem always come back?

Thank you so much

JP

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> Everything ran perfectly untill I installed Firefox....

> Is FF or IE7 configured as your default browser?
>
> If you uninstall FF, does the behavior persist in IE?

>> SP3 was installed first

> Do you use Registry cleaners (e.g., Registry Mechanic; PC Booster;
> RegCure; CCleaner)?

> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these
> applications running in the background when you installed IE7, SP3,
> and/or FF?
>
> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought it)?
>

> Jean-Paul wrote:
>> I use IE7
>> SP3 was installed first
>> Everything ran perfectly untill I installed Firefox....
>>
>> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>>> Which was installed first, IE7 or SP3?
>>>
>>> Has IE7 always opened in No Add-ons mode (i.e., ever since you installed
>>> it)?
>>>
>>> Are you referring to IE8, not IE7?

Re: IE 7.0 without extra's
Are you running a French-language version of Windows XP?

Jean-Paul wrote:
> I uninstalled FF and IE just runs perfectly...
> except it opens in French mode instead of Dutch mode...
> What can cause this ?
>
> I need to install FF... so if I do so, will the problem always come back?
>
> Thank you so much
>
> JP
>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>>> Everything ran perfectly untill I installed Firefox....

>> Is FF or IE7 configured as your default browser?
>>
>> If you uninstall FF, does the behavior persist in IE?

>>> SP3 was installed first

>> Do you use Registry cleaners (e.g., Registry Mechanic; PC Booster;
>> RegCure; CCleaner)?

>> applications running in the background when you installed IE7, SP3,
>> and/or FF?
>>
>> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
>> bought it)?
>>

>> Jean-Paul wrote:
>>> I use IE7
>>> SP3 was installed first
>>> Everything ran perfectly untill I installed Firefox....

Jean-Paul

Re: IE 7.0 without extra's
No... Dutch version, so???

I live in Belgium where we speak both languages...

Thanks

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Are you running a French-language version of Windows XP?
>
> Jean-Paul wrote:
>> I uninstalled FF and IE just runs perfectly...
>> except it opens in French mode instead of Dutch mode...
>> What can cause this ?
>>
>> I need to install FF... so if I do so, will the problem always come back?
>>
>> Thank you so much
>>
>> JP

>>> Is FF or IE7 configured as your default browser?
>>>
>>> If you uninstall FF, does the behavior persist in IE?

>>> Do you use Registry cleaners (e.g., Registry Mechanic; PC Booster;
>>> RegCure; CCleaner)?
>>>
>>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
>>> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
>>> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these
>>> applications running in the background when you installed IE7, SP3,
>>> and/or FF?
>>>
>>> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
>>> machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
>>> bought it)?

Re: IE 7.0 without extra's
[It doesn't matter where you reside, Jean-Paul. What matters is the
language-version of your Operating System.]

I asked you several questions in a previous reply and you've not answered
any of them.

Repost: