Recent Pages in Internet Explorer 8

Eric Boyd

Recent Pages in Internet Explorer 8
I have Windows 7 64-bit installed and has been working great for 2 weeks. Two
days ago I ran Windows Update and it install an IE 8 update KB960321 from Aug
25, 2009.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960321

Since this Windows Update, IE 8 Recent Pages does not work in my 32-bit IE
8. Recent Pages still works in 64-bit IE 8.

I have reset the IE settings, uninstalled IE 8 and reinstalled, uninstalled
Flash and reinstalled, ran IE as administrator and none of these has
corrected the Recent Pages issue.

For some reason, this update doesn't display in my list of updates to
uninstall either.

Please help.

Eric
Don Varnau

Re: Recent Pages in Internet Explorer 8
Hi,
By "recent pages" I suspect you mean the dropdown list from the Address Bar.

In Internet Options> Content> AutoComplete> Settings, is AutoComplete
enabled for the Address Bar?

In Internet Options> General, is "Delete browsing history on exit" checked?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Eric Boyd" <EricBoyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Windows 7 64-bit installed and has been working great for 2 weeks.

Two
> days ago I ran Windows Update and it install an IE 8 update KB960321 from

Aug
> 25, 2009.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960321
>
> Since this Windows Update, IE 8 Recent Pages does not work in my 32-bit IE
> 8. Recent Pages still works in 64-bit IE 8.
>
> I have reset the IE settings, uninstalled IE 8 and reinstalled,

uninstalled
> Flash and reinstalled, ran IE as administrator and none of these has
> corrected the Recent Pages issue.
>
> For some reason, this update doesn't display in my list of updates to
> uninstall either.
>
> Please help.
>
> Eric

Eric Boyd

Re: Recent Pages in Internet Explorer 8
Don,

Thanks for the reply. This is not the address bar drop down list. This is
the down arrow button next to the forward button that shows the recent pages
in order to go back to.

Eric

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> By "recent pages" I suspect you mean the dropdown list from the Address Bar.
>
> In Internet Options> Content> AutoComplete> Settings, is AutoComplete
> enabled for the Address Bar?
>
> In Internet Options> General, is "Delete browsing history on exit" checked?
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "Eric Boyd" <EricBoyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have Windows 7 64-bit installed and has been working great for 2 weeks.

> Two
> > days ago I ran Windows Update and it install an IE 8 update KB960321 from

> Aug
> > 25, 2009.
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960321
> >
> > Since this Windows Update, IE 8 Recent Pages does not work in my 32-bit IE
> > 8. Recent Pages still works in 64-bit IE 8.
> >
> > I have reset the IE settings, uninstalled IE 8 and reinstalled,

> uninstalled
> > Flash and reinstalled, ran IE as administrator and none of these has
> > corrected the Recent Pages issue.
> >
> > For some reason, this update doesn't display in my list of updates to
> > uninstall either.
> >
> > Please help.
> >
> > Eric

Don Varnau

Re: Recent Pages in Internet Explorer 8
Hi,
Oops. I overlooked that the OS is Windows 7. Try a search at
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...egory/w7itpro/ or post
to the forum which appears to be most appropriate- maybe Miscellaneous.

> Don,
>
> Thanks for the reply. This is not the address bar drop down list. This is
> the down arrow button next to the forward button that shows the recent

pages
> in order to go back to.
>
> Eric

> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > By "recent pages" I suspect you mean the dropdown list from the Address

Bar.

> > In Internet Options> Content> AutoComplete> Settings, is AutoComplete
> > enabled for the Address Bar?
> >
> > In Internet Options> General, is "Delete browsing history on exit"

checked?

> > "Eric Boyd" <EricBoyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have Windows 7 64-bit installed and has been working great for 2

weeks.
> > Two
> > > days ago I ran Windows Update and it install an IE 8 update KB960321

from
> > Aug
> > > 25, 2009.
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960321
> > >
> > > Since this Windows Update, IE 8 Recent Pages does not work in my

32-bit IE
> > > 8. Recent Pages still works in 64-bit IE 8.
> > >
> > > I have reset the IE settings, uninstalled IE 8 and reinstalled,

> > uninstalled
> > > Flash and reinstalled, ran IE as administrator and none of these has
> > > corrected the Recent Pages issue.
> > >
> > > For some reason, this update doesn't display in my list of updates to
> > > uninstall either.
> > >
> > > Please help.
> > >
> > > Eric

Eric Boyd

Re: Recent Pages in Internet Explorer 8
It seems like there's a correlation to the "visual studio web authoring
component" in Visual Studio 2008 SP 1. When I system restored to the point
prior to this install, IE started working again.

Eric