Cannot Access Single Web Site (IE8)

Arthur

Cannot Access Single Web Site (IE8)
Although I can access this web site from my home computer and my iPhone, I
cannot access it from my work computer (did for several years in the past by
suddenly last week this site cannot be accessed: IE times out and displays
the standard "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page".

The site is not in any restricted list I can think of.

Using the Command Prompt, a Ping to the site's IP address also times out.

Anybody knows what is going on?

TIA

Arthur

Gordon

Re: Cannot Access Single Web Site (IE8)

"Arthur" <Arthur@OregonKoiGardens.com> wrote in message
> Although I can access this web site from my home computer and my iPhone, I
> cannot access it from my work computer (did for several years in the past
> by suddenly last week this site cannot be accessed: IE times out and
> displays the standard "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page".
>
> The site is not in any restricted list I can think of.
>
> Using the Command Prompt, a Ping to the site's IP address also times out.
>
> Anybody knows what is going on?
>
> TIA
>
> Arthur

And what website might that be?

Arthur

Re: Cannot Access Single Web Site (IE8)
No. Single computer.

"Tom Willett" <tom@youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message
> Has your IT dept done something to block the site?
> "Arthur" <Arthur@OregonKoiGardens.com> wrote in message
> : Although I can access this web site from my home computer and my iPhone,
> : cannot access it from my work computer (did for several years in the
> past
> by
> : suddenly last week this site cannot be accessed: IE times out and
> displays
> : the standard "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page".
> :
> : The site is not in any restricted list I can think of.
> :
> : Using the Command Prompt, a Ping to the site's IP address also times
> out.
> :
> : Anybody knows what is going on?
> :
> : TIA
> :
> : Arthur
> :

Arthur

Re: Cannot Access Single Web Site (IE8)
www.WaterwayPlastics.com (IP 174.36.45.120).

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Arthur" <Arthur@OregonKoiGardens.com> wrote in message
>> Although I can access this web site from my home computer and my iPhone,
>> I cannot access it from my work computer (did for several years in the
>> past by suddenly last week this site cannot be accessed: IE times out and
>> displays the standard "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page".
>>
>> The site is not in any restricted list I can think of.
>>
>> Using the Command Prompt, a Ping to the site's IP address also times out.
>>
>> Anybody knows what is going on?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Arthur

> And what website might that be?

Re: Cannot Access Single Web Site (IE8)
The page loads over 150 Flash images! Geeze...

How do you make out on this page? => http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/

Arthur wrote:
> www.WaterwayPlastics.com (IP 174.36.45.120).
>
> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Arthur" <Arthur@OregonKoiGardens.com> wrote in message
>>> Although I can access this web site from my home computer and my iPhone,
>>> I cannot access it from my work computer (did for several years in the
>>> past by suddenly last week this site cannot be accessed: IE times out
>>> and
>>> displays the standard "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page".
>>>
>>> The site is not in any restricted list I can think of.
>>>
>>> Using the Command Prompt, a Ping to the site's IP address also times
>>> out.
>>>
>>> Anybody knows what is going on?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Arthur

>> And what website might that be?

Arthur

Re: Cannot Access Single Web Site (IE8)
No problem at all.

> The page loads over 150 Flash images! Geeze...
>
> How do you make out on this page? =>
> http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/
>

> Arthur wrote:
>> www.WaterwayPlastics.com (IP 174.36.45.120).
>>
>> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Arthur" <Arthur@OregonKoiGardens.com> wrote in message

>>> And what website might that be?

Re: Cannot Access Single Web Site (IE8)
That was on your work computer, right?

Have you tried accessing www.WaterwayPlastics.com on the work computer after
visiting that Adobe page?

Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2).

Did you install IE8 and/or any security updates "last week"? Can others at
work access the page?

Arthur wrote:
> No problem at all.
>
>> The page loads over 150 Flash images! Geeze...
>>
>> How do you make out on this page? =>
>> http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/
>>
>>> www.WaterwayPlastics.com (IP 174.36.45.120).

Arthur

Re: Cannot Access Single Web Site (IE8)
Yes, and Yes but still no access.

I am thinking of asking Comcast to change my IP address since I cannot even
ping the web site IP address from the command prompt window. Somehow their
server may have put my IP in a block list since I can ping and access their
web site from two other conputers and two Iphones.

> That was on your work computer, right?
>
> Have you tried accessing www.WaterwayPlastics.com on the work computer
> after visiting that Adobe page?
>
> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2).

> Did you install IE8 and/or any security updates "last week"? Can others
> at work access the page?
>
> Arthur wrote:
>> No problem at all.
>>
>>> The page loads over 150 Flash images! Geeze...
>>>
>>> How do you make out on this page? =>
>>> http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/

Re: Cannot Access Single Web Site (IE8)
I'd asked a few more questions in my previous reply.