Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE 7 Hangs when I press the File Browse button

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2009
rochmn79
 

Posts: n/a
IE 7 Hangs when I press the File Browse button
When I go to a site to upload a file (I have tried this with the same hang on
multiple site) and I click "Browse" to show my files, IE hangs. I have to
kill it and re-open IE. Any ideas? The only thing that was recently added
was a Sun Java Update last night.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-29-2009
Don Varnau
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 7 Hangs when I press the File Browse button
Hi,
1. Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1, SP2 ,etc.)

2. After closing then re-opening IE, can you browse to files?

3. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, a browser add-on is causing the problem.

For troubleshooting information see:
IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx

928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]


"rochmn79" <rochmn79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6AA6BCBE-59F1-4F11-BF86-EAE5570F23EA@microsoft.com...
> When I go to a site to upload a file (I have tried this with the same hang

on
> multiple site) and I click "Browse" to show my files, IE hangs. I have to
> kill it and re-open IE. Any ideas? The only thing that was recently

added
> was a Sun Java Update last night.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-30-2009
rochmn79
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 7 Hangs when I press the File Browse button
More things in IE7 stopped working. I re-downloaded IE7 from microsoft.com
and installed it over the version already on my system. After rebooting, IE7
was working again.

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> 1. Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1, SP2 ,etc.)
>
> 2. After closing then re-opening IE, can you browse to files?
>
> 3. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
> Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> or
> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
> If the problem goes away, a browser add-on is causing the problem.
>
> For troubleshooting information see:
> IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
>
> 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
>
> Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
>
> "rochmn79" <rochmn79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:6AA6BCBE-59F1-4F11-BF86-EAE5570F23EA@microsoft.com...
> > When I go to a site to upload a file (I have tried this with the same hang

> on
> > multiple site) and I click "Browse" to show my files, IE hangs. I have to
> > kill it and re-open IE. Any ideas? The only thing that was recently

> added
> > was a Sun Java Update last night.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2009
Don Varnau
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 7 Hangs when I press the File Browse button
Thanks for the update. (Sorry for slow response.)

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"rochmn79" <rochmn79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:534B9ACE-18E7-45B1-BCD2-B654476D967D@microsoft.com...
> More things in IE7 stopped working. I re-downloaded IE7 from

microsoft.com
> and installed it over the version already on my system. After rebooting,

IE7
> was working again.


> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > 1. Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1, SP2 ,etc.)
> >
> > 2. After closing then re-opening IE, can you browse to files?
> >
> > 3. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
> > Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> > or
> > Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
> > If the problem goes away, a browser add-on is causing the problem.
> >
> > For troubleshooting information see:
> > IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
> >
> > 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an

add-on
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
> >
> > Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked

questions:
> >

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx

> > "rochmn79" <rochmn79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:6AA6BCBE-59F1-4F11-BF86-EAE5570F23EA@microsoft.com...
> > > When I go to a site to upload a file (I have tried this with the same

hang
> > on
> > > multiple site) and I click "Browse" to show my files, IE hangs. I

have to
> > > kill it and re-open IE. Any ideas? The only thing that was recently

> > added
> > > was a Sun Java Update last night.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Browse button doesn't work tallcedarfarm Software Problems 0 07-19-2009 17:09
Browse button doesn't work tallcedarfarm microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 07-19-2009 17:00
Browse Button/File Upload Bev microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 3 02-04-2009 18:24
After sleep needs me to press the power button to restart! gray microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 12-01-2008 01:29
Browse For Folder dialog hangs for 2 mins Fred Morrison microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-01-2007 12:14




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:01.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120