Open ppt links not in full screen

Paul

Open ppt links not in full screen
I'm using Office 2003 on Windows XP. I've got links to *.ppt files
opening up outside of the browser, which is just the way I want it.
PPT files are associated with Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation, *but*
they open up in full screen when I click on a link to a ppt file.
Hate that, since my screen is very big, and I want to see other stuff
as well.

Why that is the default is beyond me, but I'm hoping there's a way to
prevent that. I also want to see the PowerPoint menus and such, which
full screen doesn't allow.

Thanks for any help.
Michael Koerner

Re: Open ppt links not in full screen
By Full Screen do you mean that your .ppt files open in the SlideShow mode?
You might want to have a look here for a fix
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00355.htm

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"Paul" <paul.domaskis@gmail.com> wrote in message
I'm using Office 2003 on Windows XP. I've got links to *.ppt files
opening up outside of the browser, which is just the way I want it.
PPT files are associated with Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation, *but*
they open up in full screen when I click on a link to a ppt file.
Hate that, since my screen is very big, and I want to see other stuff
as well.

Why that is the default is beyond me, but I'm hoping there's a way to
prevent that. I also want to see the PowerPoint menus and such, which
full screen doesn't allow.

Thanks for any help.

Peter Foldes

Re: Open ppt links not in full screen
Paul

Right click on the Power Point program in your Start folder and select
Properties\Shortcut and in there under Run use the small arrow and set that window
to Normal from Maximized. Might need to repeat it also for the PP viewer

--
Peter

"Paul" <paul.domaskis@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Office 2003 on Windows XP. I've got links to *.ppt files
> opening up outside of the browser, which is just the way I want it.
> PPT files are associated with Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation, *but*
> they open up in full screen when I click on a link to a ppt file.
> Hate that, since my screen is very big, and I want to see other stuff
> as well.
>
> Why that is the default is beyond me, but I'm hoping there's a way to
> prevent that. I also want to see the PowerPoint menus and such, which
> full screen doesn't allow.
>
> Thanks for any help.

John Wilson

RE: Open ppt links not in full screen
Not at all sure I understand what you need.

I'm guessing you have a PowerPointShow running with a linbk to another ppt
file. When you click the link you want the linked file to open in edit mode??

You cannot do this with a simple link

Try using an action setting Run Program to run PowerPoint with the needed
file open
It will look something like this (for v.12 on Vista) obviously you will need
to enter the correct address for the file

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\POWERPNT.EXE
"C:\Users\John\Desktop\test.pptx"
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html
PPTLive Atlanta Oct 11-14 2009

"Paul" wrote:

> I'm using Office 2003 on Windows XP. I've got links to *.ppt files
> opening up outside of the browser, which is just the way I want it.
> PPT files are associated with Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation, *but*
> they open up in full screen when I click on a link to a ppt file.
> Hate that, since my screen is very big, and I want to see other stuff
> as well.
>
> Why that is the default is beyond me, but I'm hoping there's a way to
> prevent that. I also want to see the PowerPoint menus and such, which
> full screen doesn't allow.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Paul

On Aug 28, 10:06*am, "Michael Koerner" <iam...@home.com> wrote:
> By Full Screen do you mean that your .ppt files open in the SlideShow mode?
> You might want to have a look here for a fixhttp://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00355.htm
>
> --
> * Michael Koerner
> MS MVP - PowerPoint
>
> "Paul" <paul.domas...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I'm using Office 2003 on Windows XP. *I've got links to *.ppt files
> opening up outside of the browser, which is just the way I want it.
> PPT files are associated with Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation, *but*
> they open up in full screen when I click on a link to a ppt file.
> Hate that, since my screen is very big, and I want to see other stuff
> as well.
>
> Why that is the default is beyond me, but I'm hoping there's a way to
> prevent that. *I also want to see the PowerPoint menus and such, which
> full screen doesn't allow.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Thanks, Michael. PPT files are already associated with Powerpoint,
it's really the slide-show mode that's the problem when clicking on
PPT links on a webpage.
Paul

Re: Open ppt links not in full screen
That's an interesting field I never noticed before, but it's already
set to Normal window.

Thanks....

On Aug 28, 2:21*pm, "Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Right click on the Power Point program in your Start folder and select
> Properties\Shortcut and in there under Run use the small arrow and set that window
> to Normal from Maximized. Might need to repeat it also for the PP viewer
>
> "Paul" <paul.domas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm using Office 2003 on Windows XP. *I've got links to *.ppt files
> > opening up outside of the browser, which is just the way I want it.
> > PPT files are associated with Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation, *but*
> > they open up in full screen when I click on a link to a ppt file.
> > Hate that, since my screen is very big, and I want to see other stuff
> > as well.

> > Why that is the default is beyond me, but I'm hoping there's a way to
> > prevent that. *I also want to see the PowerPoint menus and such, which
> > full screen doesn't allow.

> > Thanks for any help.- Hide quoted text -

Paul

Re: Open ppt links not in full screen
I'm clicking on a link on a webpage that points to the URL path for a
ppt file when this happens...does your answer still apply?

On Aug 29, 7:20*am, John Wilson <john AT technologytrish.co DOT uk>
wrote:
> Not at all sure I understand what you need.
>
> I'm guessing you have a PowerPointShow running with a linbk to another ppt
> file. When you click the link you want the linked file to open in edit mode??
>
> You cannot do this with a simple link
>
> Try using an action setting Run Program to run PowerPoint with the needed
> file open
> It will look something like this (for v.12 on Vista) obviously you will need
> to enter the correct address for the file
>
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\POWERPNT.EXE *
> "C:\Users\John\Desktop\test.pptx"
>
> "Paul" wrote:
> > I'm using Office 2003 on Windows XP. *I've got links to *.ppt files
> > opening up outside of the browser, which is just the way I want it.
> > PPT files are associated with Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation, *but*
> > they open up in full screen when I click on a link to a ppt file.
> > Hate that, since my screen is very big, and I want to see other stuff
> > as well.

> > Why that is the default is beyond me, but I'm hoping there's a way to
> > prevent that. *I also want to see the PowerPoint menus and such, which
> > full screen doesn't allow.

> > Thanks for any help.- Hide quoted text -

Michael Koerner

Re: Open ppt links not in full screen
When your in slideshow mode all your going to get is full screen.