Blocked from a website

Laurel

Blocked from a website
I'm running I.E. 7.0.5730.11. I don't know if this problem is I.E. or not,
but if not, could someone suggest where I could go?

If I go to http://www.adobe.com and click anywhere on the window, the window
goes blank and an hourglass appears and that's the end of that. Originally
I thought it happened if I clicked on "contact" or "download," but I can
click right in the middle of the window and get the same thing. I go away
for an hour or two and when I come back, same thing. I am able to click on
the X in the upper right corner, but then I get "the program is not
responding." When I do close it down I get a dialogue box asking me to
send Microsoft the info because "a non-responsive program, internet
explorer, was shut down". No other websites give me trouble. How can I
diagnose/fix this?

I recently did uninstall a bunch of things I didn't recognize that
add/remove said were used "rarely." After I did it I discovered that
"rarely" meant "rarely within the last 30 days." Duh.

tia
las

Don Varnau

Re: Blocked from a website
Hi,
You may have a corrupted installation of Flash.

Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)

With add-ons disabled, see if you can go to
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html to download the uninstaller for
Windows.

Save and run the uninstaller- follow the instructions on the download page.

Restart and return to http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer to install
flash.

Re-enable browser add-ons if they're still disabled.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm running I.E. 7.0.5730.11. I don't know if this problem is I.E. or

not,
> but if not, could someone suggest where I could go?
>
> If I go to http://www.adobe.com and click anywhere on the window, the

window
> goes blank and an hourglass appears and that's the end of that.

Originally
> I thought it happened if I clicked on "contact" or "download," but I can
> click right in the middle of the window and get the same thing. I go away
> for an hour or two and when I come back, same thing. I am able to click

on
> the X in the upper right corner, but then I get "the program is not
> responding." When I do close it down I get a dialogue box asking me to
> send Microsoft the info because "a non-responsive program, internet
> explorer, was shut down". No other websites give me trouble. How can I
> diagnose/fix this?
>
> I recently did uninstall a bunch of things I didn't recognize that
> add/remove said were used "rarely." After I did it I discovered that
> "rarely" meant "rarely within the last 30 days." Duh.
>
> tia
> las

Laurel

Re: Blocked from a website
Thanks. To better understand, this, though. This looks like you mean me to
uninstall Windows, sort of. I suspect that's not what you mean. What will
happen if I "follow instructions on the download page" for the Windows
uninstaller?

> Hi,
> You may have a corrupted installation of Flash.
>
> Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
> Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> or
> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
>
> With add-ons disabled, see if you can go to
> http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html to download the uninstaller for
> Windows.
>
> Save and run the uninstaller- follow the instructions on the download
> page.
>
> Restart and return to http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer to install
> flash.
>
> Re-enable browser add-ons if they're still disabled.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm running I.E. 7.0.5730.11. I don't know if this problem is I.E. or

> not,
>> but if not, could someone suggest where I could go?
>>
>> If I go to http://www.adobe.com and click anywhere on the window, the

> window
>> goes blank and an hourglass appears and that's the end of that.

> Originally
>> I thought it happened if I clicked on "contact" or "download," but I can
>> click right in the middle of the window and get the same thing. I go
>> away
>> for an hour or two and when I come back, same thing. I am able to click

> on
>> the X in the upper right corner, but then I get "the program is not
>> responding." When I do close it down I get a dialogue box asking me to
>> send Microsoft the info because "a non-responsive program, internet
>> explorer, was shut down". No other websites give me trouble. How can I
>> diagnose/fix this?
>>
>> I recently did uninstall a bunch of things I didn't recognize that
>> add/remove said were used "rarely." After I did it I discovered that
>> "rarely" meant "rarely within the last 30 days." Duh.
>>
>> tia
>> las

Laurel

Re: Blocked from a website
Thanks. Your instructions seem to have cleared up all Adobe related
problems. However, I did get an error. Might you look at "Problems with
MSXML" in windows.public.windowsxp.general?