ie7 to ie8 - lost favorites

BillG

ie7 to ie8 - lost favorites
After getting countless prompts to "upgrade" to ie8 I finally did so only to
find that the favorites did not appear to migrate (and everything I read
prior to the upgrade said they would!!). So where are they?? How do I get
them?? If I revert to ie7 will they be visible??

Re: ie7 to ie8 - lost favorites
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

1. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

2. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?

3. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
www.banthecheck.com

BillG wrote:
> After getting countless prompts to "upgrade" to ie8 I finally did so only
> find that the favorites did not appear to migrate (and everything I read
> prior to the upgrade said they would!!). So where are they?? How do I get
> them?? If I revert to ie7 will they be visible??

Jack's stuff

Re: ie7 to ie8 - lost favorites
This is a typical reply that you send to almost everyone,
no matter the problem. I've seen this same reply several
times and it is redundant.

I'd like to know your background and who authorizes
you to be a MSMVP?

Your reply has no bearing on the question.. What
happened to his Favorites?

I've stopped reading your responses since they are
all identical..

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2)
> when posting to this newsgroup.
>
> 1. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
> Were any of these applications running in the background when you
> installed IE8?
>
> 2. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> it)?
>
> 3. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
> have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> BillG wrote:
>> After getting countless prompts to "upgrade" to ie8 I finally did so only
>> find that the favorites did not appear to migrate (and everything I read
>> prior to the upgrade said they would!!). So where are they?? How do I get
>> them?? If I revert to ie7 will they be visible??

Re: ie7 to ie8 - lost favorites
Who died and made you king?

A1. See https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/de...le/robear.dyer,
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/aboutmvp &
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

A2. If OP's would read & heed http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm, I
wouldn't have to keep asking those questions.

A3. Who cares?

PS: Your Vista computer is not fully-patched at Windows Update.

PPS: <plonk>

Jack's stuff wrote:
> This is a typical reply that you send to almost everyone,
> no matter the problem. I've seen this same reply several
> times and it is redundant.
>
> I'd like to know your background and who authorizes
> you to be a MSMVP?
>
> Your reply has no bearing on the question.. What
> happened to his Favorites?
>
> I've stopped reading your responses since they are
> all identical..
> "PA Bear wrote:
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2)
>> when posting to this newsgroup...

Donald Anadell

Re: ie7 to ie8 - lost favorites

> Who died and made you king?
>
> A1. See
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/de...le/robear.dyer,

AKA "Woodrow Call" of Lonesome Dove fame...hehehehehe.

Donald Anadell

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/aboutmvp &
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs
>
> A2. If OP's would read & heed http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm,
> wouldn't have to keep asking those questions.
>
> A3. Who cares?
>
> PS: Your Vista computer is not fully-patched at Windows Update.
>
> PPS: <plonk>
>

> Jack's stuff wrote:
>> This is a typical reply that you send to almost everyone,
>> no matter the problem. I've seen this same reply several
>> times and it is redundant.
>>
>> I'd like to know your background and who authorizes
>> you to be a MSMVP?
>>
>> Your reply has no bearing on the question.. What
>> happened to his Favorites?
>>
>> I've stopped reading your responses since they are
>> all identical..
>> "PA Bear wrote:
>>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2)
>>> when posting to this newsgroup...

Re: ie7 to ie8 - lost favorites
cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...469427f9d59d91
in which we learn that Jack had a problem with his Vista x64 (SP1? SP2?)
after installing 9 updates and tried using System Restore to correct the
problem without having first uninstalled the updates. <w>

> cf.
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...469427f9d59d91
> in which we learn that Jack had a problem with his Vista x64 (SP1? SP2?)
> after installing 9 updates and tried using System Restore to correct the
> problem without having first uninstalled the updates. <w>

LOL...I was just poking a little fun at that picture of you and your
sticking resemblance to Tommy Lee Jones' character "Woodrow Call" in
Lonesome Dove)

Donald Anadell

> Donald Anadell wrote:
>>> Who died and made you king?
>>>
>>> A1. See
>>> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/de...le/robear.dyer,

>> AKA "Woodrow Call" of Lonesome Dove fame...hehehehehe.
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/aboutmvp &
>>> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs
>>>
>>> A2. If OP's would read & heed
>>> http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm,
>>> wouldn't have to keep asking those questions.
>>>
>>> A3. Who cares?
>>>
>>> PS: Your Vista computer is not fully-patched at Windows Update.
>>>
>>> PPS: <plonk>

Re: ie7 to ie8 - lost favorites
You mean the make-up artists made Tommy Lee look like me, right? <eg>