Flash player crashes IE

Dave Neve

Flash player crashes IE
Hello

Ok, I know it is a question for Adobe but I've tried and no one has
answered

After a semi automatic update of my Adobe flash player, I now get an
'install Flash Player' toolbar when I visit a site.

Worse still, I can't click on this toolbar (I can but nothing happens) and
then IE crashes.

Any ideas please?

Arkadiusz 'Black Fox' Artyszuk

Re: Flash player crashes IE
Dave Neve wrote:

> Ok, I know it is a question for Adobe but I've tried and no one has
> answered
> After a semi automatic update of my Adobe flash player, I now get an
> 'install Flash Player' toolbar when I visit a site.
> Worse still, I can't click on this toolbar (I can but nothing happens) and
> then IE crashes.
> Any ideas please?

Turn it off.

--
Regards
Arkadiusz 'Black Fox' Artyszuk
Donald Anadell

Re: Flash player crashes IE

"Dave Neve" <neve.dave@neuf.fr> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> Ok, I know it is a question for Adobe but I've tried and no one has
> answered
>
> After a semi automatic update of my Adobe flash player, I now get an
> 'install Flash Player' toolbar when I visit a site.
>
> Worse still, I can't click on this toolbar (I can but nothing happens) and
> then IE crashes.
>
> Any ideas please?

You might try this.

Download the following two files and save them to your Desktop.

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie

Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable any Real-Time
Secruity Application(s) running in the background on your machine.

Run the Uninstaller file from the Desktop to completely remove the Flash
Player from your System.

Run the Installer file from the Desktop to reinstall the latest version
of the Flash Player.

Test the results.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

Anthony Buckland

Re: Flash player crashes IE

"Dave Neve" <neve.dave@neuf.fr> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> Ok, I know it is a question for Adobe but I've tried and no one has
> answered
>
> After a semi automatic update of my Adobe flash player, I now get an
> 'install Flash Player' toolbar when I visit a site.
>
> Worse still, I can't click on this toolbar (I can but nothing happens) and
> then IE crashes.
>
> Any ideas please?

Disclosure: I'm not an expert, just another perplexed user.
My situation is similar, if not identical, to yours. I got as
far as the yellow bar, "This website wants to install ...",
on which I was invited to click. Over several trials, clicking
resulted only in an hourglass that wouldn't go away, and
in IE becoming non-responding. The problem gradually
got worse, until I couldn't even enter a search term on the
Google toolbar or navigate to a news item in Yahoo without
IE freezing.

I got out of the mess by resetting IE (note: this comes with
a warning that it should be done only if the browser can
no longer be used -- note carefully what the process tells
you will be lost in the reset process). In Control Panel,
I went to Internet Options, then to the Advanced tab, where
reset is offered as one option to click on. In the state I was
in, I doubt I could any longer have gotten into Internet
Options through IE.