Open tab speed

Dirk

Open tab speed
From Firefox I used to work like this: Open new tab and select the Favorites
to open a page in the new tab. But IE8 is much to slow for this. It needs
several seconds to open an empty tab. Even if I use the time after the open
command to find the right favorite and wait with the selection up to the time
the new empty tab is on focus in the main window - after I click the favoite,
the new Webpage will be shown in the tab which had fokus before I have given
the command to open the new tab.
My suggestion: open a empty tab immediately with setting the focus to the
tab (if the user has configured this, which I have done). If there is
something to compute before a website is shown, do it while waiting on the
HTML response after user selected, which website to be shown.
I wonder what causes the waiting time anyway - the rendering machine has
been used for other tabs before.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

skeeter

Re: Open tab speed

"Dirk" <Dirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsA595B2B-B385-4FF9-A0F2-59B5329E3920@microsoft.com...
> From Firefox I used to work like this: Open new tab and select the
> Favorites
> to open a page in the new tab. But IE8 is much to slow for this. It needs
> several seconds to open an empty tab. Even if I use the time after the
> open
> command to find the right favorite and wait with the selection up to the
> time
> the new empty tab is on focus in the main window - after I click the
> favoite,
> the new Webpage will be shown in the tab which had fokus before I have
> given
> the command to open the new tab.
> My suggestion: open a empty tab immediately with setting the focus to the
> tab (if the user has configured this, which I have done). If there is
> something to compute before a website is shown, do it while waiting on the
> HTML response after user selected, which website to be shown.
> I wonder what causes the waiting time anyway - the rendering machine has
> been used for other tabs before.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

what type of antimalware,antispyware do you run?

VanguardLH

Re: Open tab speed
Dirk wrote:

> IE8 is much to slow for this. It needs several seconds to open an
> empty tab.

How many thousands of sites do you have listed in the Restricted Sites
security zone?