Shrinking Sites

Neil Allan

Shrinking Sites
Hello,

I haven't been able to find anything to help what is going on with my PC
when using Internet Explorer. Any site that I open up (including this pop up)
is coming up at nearly microscopic size. All of the text of the site is
extremly small. The site expands to the total width of my screen which is
still just a 4:3 CRT monitor. I am having trouble reading what I am writing
right now. It does not seem to do this using Firefox though. Is ths happening
to anyone else? What can I do to go back to the normal (readable) size?

Thanks, Neil
Don Varnau

Re: Shrinking Sites
Hi,
1. Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1, SP2 ,etc.)
2. Which version of Internet Explorer?
3. What's the setting at IE> View> Text size?
4. If using IE7 or IE8, what's the Zoom setting at the right side of the
Status Bar?
5. What changes were made just before the problem cropped up? New security
program? New Windows theme? New third-party theme? Updates for IE or another
program?
6. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Neil Allan" <Neil Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I haven't been able to find anything to help what is going on with my PC
> when using Internet Explorer. Any site that I open up (including this pop

up)
> is coming up at nearly microscopic size. All of the text of the site is
> extremly small. The site expands to the total width of my screen which is
> still just a 4:3 CRT monitor. I am having trouble reading what I am

writing
> right now. It does not seem to do this using Firefox though. Is ths

happening
> to anyone else? What can I do to go back to the normal (readable) size?
>
> Thanks, Neil

Neil Allan

Re: Shrinking Sites
Thanks Don,

Unfortunatly I do not know how to determine the version of Windows or the
version of IE. I have looked at all the properties by right clicking on both.
I cannot find the View> text size either. I don't seem to have a zoom setting
any where. I did not add anything manually. It still looks the same even when
I start IE with out add ons.

Neil

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> 1. Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1, SP2 ,etc.)
> 2. Which version of Internet Explorer?
> 3. What's the setting at IE> View> Text size?
> 4. If using IE7 or IE8, what's the Zoom setting at the right side of the
> Status Bar?
> 5. What changes were made just before the problem cropped up? New security
> program? New Windows theme? New third-party theme? Updates for IE or another
> program?
> 6. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
> Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> or
> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
> If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.
>
> For troubleshooting information see:
> IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
>
> 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
>
> Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "Neil Allan" <Neil Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I haven't been able to find anything to help what is going on with my PC
> > when using Internet Explorer. Any site that I open up (including this pop

> up)
> > is coming up at nearly microscopic size. All of the text of the site is
> > extremly small. The site expands to the total width of my screen which is
> > still just a 4:3 CRT monitor. I am having trouble reading what I am

> writing
> > right now. It does not seem to do this using Firefox though. Is ths

> happening
> > to anyone else? What can I do to go back to the normal (readable) size?
> >
> > Thanks, Neil

Neil Allan

Re: Shrinking Sites
I just read the next post about small text & the CTRL + brings everything to
the correct size again. I have not tried opening up a new window yet though.

Neil

"Neil Allan" wrote:

> Thanks Don,
>
> Unfortunatly I do not know how to determine the version of Windows or the
> version of IE. I have looked at all the properties by right clicking on both.
> I cannot find the View> text size either. I don't seem to have a zoom setting
> any where. I did not add anything manually. It still looks the same even when
> I start IE with out add ons.
>
> Neil
>

> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > 1. Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1, SP2 ,etc.)
> > 2. Which version of Internet Explorer?
> > 3. What's the setting at IE> View> Text size?
> > 4. If using IE7 or IE8, what's the Zoom setting at the right side of the
> > Status Bar?
> > 5. What changes were made just before the problem cropped up? New security
> > program? New Windows theme? New third-party theme? Updates for IE or another
> > program?
> > 6. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
> > Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> > or
> > Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
> > If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.
> >
> > For troubleshooting information see:
> > IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
> >
> > 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
> >
> > Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
> >
> > Don
> > [MS MVP- IE]
> >

> > "Neil Allan" <Neil Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I haven't been able to find anything to help what is going on with my PC
> > > when using Internet Explorer. Any site that I open up (including this pop

> > up)
> > > is coming up at nearly microscopic size. All of the text of the site is
> > > extremly small. The site expands to the total width of my screen which is
> > > still just a 4:3 CRT monitor. I am having trouble reading what I am

> > writing
> > > right now. It does not seem to do this using Firefox though. Is ths

> > happening
> > > to anyone else? What can I do to go back to the normal (readable) size?
> > >
> > > Thanks, Neil

Don Varnau

Re: Shrinking Sites
OK. It was probably as simple as changing the text size. You must be running
IE7 or IE8 and hitting the Alt key should have made the IE Menu Bar appear.
that's where View> Text size is.

Glad you got it resolved.

> I just read the next post about small text & the CTRL + brings everything

> the correct size again. I have not tried opening up a new window yet

though.

> Neil

> "Neil Allan" wrote:
>
> > Thanks Don,
> >
> > Unfortunatly I do not know how to determine the version of Windows or

the
> > version of IE. I have looked at all the properties by right clicking on

both.
> > I cannot find the View> text size either. I don't seem to have a zoom

setting
> > any where. I did not add anything manually. It still looks the same even

when
> > I start IE with out add ons.
> >
> > Neil
> > "Don Varnau" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > 1. Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1, SP2 ,etc.)
> > > 2. Which version of Internet Explorer?
> > > 3. What's the setting at IE> View> Text size?
> > > 4. If using IE7 or IE8, what's the Zoom setting at the right side of

the
> > > Status Bar?
> > > 5. What changes were made just before the problem cropped up? New

security
> > > program? New Windows theme? New third-party theme? Updates for IE or

another
> > > program?
> > > 6. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
> > > Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> > > or
> > > Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
> > > If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on

installed.

> > > For troubleshooting information see:
> > > IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
> > > http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
> > >
> > > 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an

add-on
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
> > >
> > > Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked

questions:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx

> > > "Neil Allan" <Neil Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

my PC

this pop
> > > up)

is

which is
> > > writing
> > > happening

size?

Barry Schwarz

Re: Shrinking Sites
You get the Windows information by right clicking on My Computer and
reading it in the General tab.

You get the IE information by opening IE, clicking Help on the menu
bar, and then clicking About Internet Explorer on the resulting pull
down menu.

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:22:02 -0700, Neil Allan

--
Remove del for email