1. Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1, SP2 ,etc.)
2. Which version of Internet Explorer?
3. What's the setting at IE> View> Text size?
4. If using IE7 or IE8, what's the Zoom setting at the right side of the
5. What changes were made just before the problem cropped up? New security
program? New Windows theme? New third-party theme? Updates for IE or another
6. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.
For troubleshooting information see:
IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
[MS MVP- IE]
"Neil Allan" <Neil Allan@discussions.microsoft.com
> wrote in message
> I haven't been able to find anything to help what is going on with my PC
> when using Internet Explorer. Any site that I open up (including this pop
> is coming up at nearly microscopic size. All of the text of the site is
> extremly small. The site expands to the total width of my screen which is
> still just a 4:3 CRT monitor. I am having trouble reading what I am
> right now. It does not seem to do this using Firefox though. Is ths
> to anyone else? What can I do to go back to the normal (readable) size?
> Thanks, Neil