Unable to connect to Internet

Andrea Barton

Unable to connect to Internet
I am unable to connect to the internet unsing Internet Explorer and just
about any other broser, but I can connect internally to other computers and
the other computers can connect to the internet. I have checked for virus
and spyware, I have reset using ipconfig /flushdns, inconfig /renew, netsh
winsock. I have also uninstalled the virus protection, shut off the
firewall. I was wondering if you had any other suggestions before I end up
formatting and reinstalling windows. Thank you for your help on this matter
MHL

Re: Unable to connect to Internet
This is a Newsgroup for Internet Explorer not Internet connection problems.
If you are at a business, contact the network admin.

"Andrea Barton" <AndreaBarton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am unable to connect to the internet unsing Internet Explorer and just
> about any other broser, but I can connect internally to other computers
> and
> the other computers can connect to the internet. I have checked for virus
> and spyware, I have reset using ipconfig /flushdns, inconfig /renew, netsh
> winsock. I have also uninstalled the virus protection, shut off the
> firewall. I was wondering if you had any other suggestions before I end
> up
> formatting and reinstalling windows. Thank you for your help on this
> matter

AJ

Re: Unable to connect to Internet
The original question is related to Internet Explorer !
He cannot connect to internet using Internet Explorer inspite of having
network connectivity - that's what he is saying.
A user has reported a similar problem but I cannot figure out why IE8 or
Firefox
cannot connect to internet. MS-Outlook & Skype are working fine so the
problem must be with IE8. IE8 has been re-installed but didn't provide any
solution.

"MHL" wrote:

> This is a Newsgroup for Internet Explorer not Internet connection problems.
> If you are at a business, contact the network admin.
>
> "Andrea Barton" <AndreaBarton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am unable to connect to the internet unsing Internet Explorer and just
> > about any other broser, but I can connect internally to other computers
> > and
> > the other computers can connect to the internet. I have checked for virus
> > and spyware, I have reset using ipconfig /flushdns, inconfig /renew, netsh
> > winsock. I have also uninstalled the virus protection, shut off the
> > firewall. I was wondering if you had any other suggestions before I end
> > up
> > formatting and reinstalling windows. Thank you for your help on this
> > matter

MHL

Re: Unable to connect to Internet
Sorry. I think this is different. They say:

"AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The original question is related to Internet Explorer !
> He cannot connect to internet using Internet Explorer inspite of having
> network connectivity - that's what he is saying.
> A user has reported a similar problem but I cannot figure out why IE8 or
> Firefox
> cannot connect to internet. MS-Outlook & Skype are working fine so the
> problem must be with IE8. IE8 has been re-installed but didn't provide any
> solution.
>
> "MHL" wrote:
>
>> This is a Newsgroup for Internet Explorer not Internet connection
>> problems.
>> If you are at a business, contact the network admin.
>>
>> "Andrea Barton" <AndreaBarton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I am unable to connect to the internet unsing Internet Explorer and
>> > just
>> > about any other broser, but I can connect internally to other computers
>> > and
>> > the other computers can connect to the internet. I have checked for
>> > virus
>> > and spyware, I have reset using ipconfig /flushdns, inconfig /renew,
>> > netsh
>> > winsock. I have also uninstalled the virus protection, shut off the
>> > firewall. I was wondering if you had any other suggestions before I
>> > end
>> > up
>> > formatting and reinstalling windows. Thank you for your help on this
>> > matter

radiance38

Re: Unable to connect to Internet
More or less same is my case:
1) My OS is Vista Home Premium running under SP2 or 3, not sure!?
2) A week ago, I decided to upgrade my good old IE7; and the disaster
started right then.
3) Apparently there was no problem; all my softwares seem to be working in
good order, except (which I realized later) that both of my browsers - IE and
Firefox - fail to go on the Internet, while programs like Skype, MS Outlook
and VOIP phone etc, worked normal.
4) I have tried more than once to restore the system by uninstalling IE8 and
reinstalling it more than once but it didn't work!?
Any suggestion will be appreciated!
qures002@kpnmail.com

"AJ" wrote:

> The original question is related to Internet Explorer !
> He cannot connect to internet using Internet Explorer inspite of having
> network connectivity - that's what he is saying.
> A user has reported a similar problem but I cannot figure out why IE8 or
> Firefox
> cannot connect to internet. MS-Outlook & Skype are working fine so the
> problem must be with IE8. IE8 has been re-installed but didn't provide any
> solution.
>
> "MHL" wrote:
>
> > This is a Newsgroup for Internet Explorer not Internet connection problems.
> > If you are at a business, contact the network admin.
> >
> > "Andrea Barton" <AndreaBarton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I am unable to connect to the internet unsing Internet Explorer and just
> > > about any other broser, but I can connect internally to other computers
> > > and
> > > the other computers can connect to the internet. I have checked for virus
> > > and spyware, I have reset using ipconfig /flushdns, inconfig /renew, netsh
> > > winsock. I have also uninstalled the virus protection, shut off the
> > > firewall. I was wondering if you had any other suggestions before I end
> > > up
> > > formatting and reinstalling windows. Thank you for your help on this
> > > matter

AJ

Re: Unable to connect to Internet
That's exactly what I was talking about !
No browser can connect to internet inspite of working network connection.
Would it help to reinstall the pre-IE8 browser?
C'mon guys give us a clue.