Automatic Logon with Current Username and Password

jcjj

Automatic Logon with Current Username and Password
Hi Guru's

I have a question regarding the setting:

Automatic Logon with Current Username and Password

Does this setting pose a potential security risk by exposing my Username or
Password to a server located in the zone where it is enabled.

Can anyone point me to a site where the actual information exchanged is
described

jcjj
Allan

Re: Automatic Logon with Current Username and Password

"jcjj" <jcjj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guru's
>
> I have a question regarding the setting:
>
> Automatic Logon with Current Username and Password
>
> Does this setting pose a potential security risk by exposing my Username
> or
> Password to a server located in the zone where it is enabled.
>
> Can anyone point me to a site where the actual information exchanged is
> described

> jcjj

If you have any security concern about this just change the setting for the
zone to "login with user name and password". The short answer is yes, this
should *only* be enabled for sites that are truly "trusted".

jcjj

Re: Automatic Logon with Current Username and Password
Problem is that we really need the 'Automatic Logon with Current Username and
Password' functionality, but mus ensure that the username and password i
never send in clear text to anyone.... (no basic authentication....)

/jcjj