Is There A Way to Report A Site in IE 8 Without Going to It?

Jack

Is There A Way to Report A Site in IE 8 Without Going to It?
Greetings Microsoft,

Several friends have been conned by the website, www.finallyfast.com This
site puts malware and viruses on people's computers and is such a serious
security threat that people have had their hard drives wiped out. No one
should ever go to this terrible site and I would like to report the site to
IE as fraudulent without visiting it. I hope this site is blacklisted by
IE8's Smart Screen Filter. If not, it should be ASAP. The company makes
deceptive claims on TV about the site that it cleans up your computer when it
does exactly the opposite. Please stay away from FinallyFast.com!

This is just one example, is there anything else members of the community
can do to help each other out so they don't go to bad sites? Thanks in
advance!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Peter Foldes

Re: Is There A Way to Report A Site in IE 8 Without Going to It?
And then why did you post the site as a live link so others who open it your post
and click on it for whatever reason should also be infected. Not a very smart thing
to do

--
Peter

"Jack" <justme@anywhere.com> wrote in message
> Greetings Microsoft,
>
> Several friends have been conned by the website This
> site puts malware and viruses on people's computers and is such a serious
> security threat that people have had their hard drives wiped out. No one
> should ever go to this terrible site and I would like to report the site to
> IE as fraudulent without visiting it. I hope this site is blacklisted by
> IE8's Smart Screen Filter. If not, it should be ASAP. The company makes
> deceptive claims on TV about the site that it cleans up your computer when it
> does exactly the opposite. Please stay away from FinallyFast.com!
>
> This is just one example, is there anything else members of the community
> can do to help each other out so they don't go to bad sites? Thanks in
> advance!
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

webster72n

> And then why did you post the site as a live link so others who open it
> your post and click on it for whatever reason should also be infected. Not
> a very smart thing to do

That's putting it much too mildly, it was in fact malicious in and of
itself.

> --
> Peter

> "Jack" <justme@anywhere.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings Microsoft,
>>
>> Several friends have been conned by the website This
>> site puts malware and viruses on people's computers and is such a serious
>> security threat that people have had their hard drives wiped out. No one
>> should ever go to this terrible site and I would like to report the site
>> IE as fraudulent without visiting it. I hope this site is blacklisted by
>> IE8's Smart Screen Filter. If not, it should be ASAP. The company makes
>> deceptive claims on TV about the site that it cleans up your computer
>> when it
>> does exactly the opposite. Please stay away from FinallyFast.com!
>>
>> This is just one example, is there anything else members of the community
>> can do to help each other out so they don't go to bad sites? Thanks in
>> advance!
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

MHL

Re: Is There A Way to Report A Site in IE 8 Without Going to It?
Do they really put malware and viruses on peoples computers?? Wow. Have they
been taken to court for this? What is the status of this "product" now? I
know that they show Macintosh computers running Windows which is dumb to
begin with...

"Jack" <justme@anywhere.com> wrote in message
> Greetings Microsoft,
>
> Several friends have been conned by the website, www.finallyfast.com This
> site puts malware and viruses on people's computers and is such a serious
> security threat that people have had their hard drives wiped out. No one
> should ever go to this terrible site and I would like to report the site
> IE as fraudulent without visiting it. I hope this site is blacklisted by
> IE8's Smart Screen Filter. If not, it should be ASAP. The company makes
> deceptive claims on TV about the site that it cleans up your computer when
> it
> does exactly the opposite. Please stay away from FinallyFast.com!
>
> This is just one example, is there anything else members of the community
> can do to help each other out so they don't go to bad sites? Thanks in
> advance!
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

rob^_^

Re: Is There A Way to Report A Site in IE 8 Without Going to It?
Hijack,

www.siteadvisor.com

web search for "report suspicious website"

http://toolbar.netcraft.com/report_url

https://tips.fbi.gov/ (this looks the best bet)

security@microsoft.com

web search for http://www.google.com/search?q=finallyfast.com

Is Finally Fast.com safe to use? ? - Yahoo! AnswersMost things similar to
that have adware or viruses. ... Basically, the FinallyFast.com website is
just a finely tuned system of getting you to pay for something ...
answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid... - Cached - Similar

Regards.