IE8 - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH HHHHHHH!

Pat Garard

IE8 - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH HHHHHHH!
G'Day All,

IE8 will (now) not let me view a specific website.
The site is: www.colonialfirststate.com.au the Home Page of Colonial First
State, an Australian Superannuation Company.
The problem is confined to an instance of Vista on 1 PC - a partition (on
the same PC) with Windows 7 RC1works fine.
A wirelessly connected laptop works fine.
IE8 ALSO (now) hangs regularly on this PC.

ISP ------ CableModem------WirelessRouter---(Wire)----ProblemPC[Vista/Win7]
___NoProblemLaptop(Wireless)

I have removed IE8 - IE7 appears to be ok.

I have re-installed IE8 - Problem returns.

Any suggestions welcome!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

Pat Garard

RE: IE8 - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH HHHHHHH!
I should have explained that the '..cannot display..' message occurs
intermittently while generally googling. I note this particular web site only
because I access it regularly (used to access it regularly?).
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Pat Garard" wrote:

> G'Day All,
>
> IE8 will (now) not let me view a specific website.
> The site is: www.colonialfirststate.com.au the Home Page of Colonial First
> State, an Australian Superannuation Company.
> The problem is confined to an instance of Vista on 1 PC - a partition (on
> the same PC) with Windows 7 RC1works fine.
> A wirelessly connected laptop works fine.
> IE8 ALSO (now) hangs regularly on this PC.
>
> ISP ------ CableModem------WirelessRouter---(Wire)----ProblemPC[Vista/Win7]
> ___NoProblemLaptop(Wireless)
>
> I have removed IE8 - IE7 appears to be ok.
>
> I have re-installed IE8 - Problem returns.
>
> Any suggestions welcome!
> --
> Regards,
> Pat Garard
> Melbourne, Australia
> _______________________

Jack's stuff

Re: IE8 - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH HHHHHHH!
Pat,

Don't feel bad.. You certainly are not the only one having
this problem. I've brought it up several times and always
get a response from Papa Bear that doesn't make a lot of
sense other then run you through all kinds of hurdles that
end up not accomplishing anything..

It is a problem with IE8 and I don't think they have an
answer..

"Pat Garard" <apgarard Arghhh bigpond Doh net Doh au> wrote in message
>I should have explained that the '..cannot display..' message occurs
> intermittently while generally googling. I note this particular web site
> only
> because I access it regularly (used to access it regularly?).
> --
> Regards,
> Pat Garard
> Melbourne, Australia
> _______________________
>

> "Pat Garard" wrote:
>
>> G'Day All,
>>
>> IE8 will (now) not let me view a specific website.
>> The site is: www.colonialfirststate.com.au the Home Page of Colonial
>> First
>> State, an Australian Superannuation Company.
>> The problem is confined to an instance of Vista on 1 PC - a partition (on
>> the same PC) with Windows 7 RC1works fine.
>> A wirelessly connected laptop works fine.
>> IE8 ALSO (now) hangs regularly on this PC.
>>
>> ISP ------
>> CableModem------WirelessRouter---(Wire)----ProblemPC[Vista/Win7]
>> ___NoProblemLaptop(Wireless)
>>
>> I have removed IE8 - IE7 appears to be ok.
>>
>> I have re-installed IE8 - Problem returns.
>>
>> Any suggestions welcome!
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Pat Garard
>> Melbourne, Australia
>> _______________________

Jack's stuff

Re: IE8 - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH HHHHHHH!
Pat,

Here is a classic example of Papa Bear's responses to all IE8 problems

[crosspost to IE General]

Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3) when posting to
this newsgroup.

Is this a sudden, new problem? Did this happen before you installed IE8?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?
www.banthecheck.com

"Pat Garard" <apgarard Arghhh bigpond Doh net Doh au> wrote in message
>I should have explained that the '..cannot display..' message occurs
> intermittently while generally googling. I note this particular web site
> only
> because I access it regularly (used to access it regularly?).
> --
> Regards,
> Pat Garard
> Melbourne, Australia
> _______________________
>

> "Pat Garard" wrote:
>
>> G'Day All,
>>
>> IE8 will (now) not let me view a specific website.
>> The site is: www.colonialfirststate.com.au the Home Page of Colonial
>> First
>> State, an Australian Superannuation Company.
>> The problem is confined to an instance of Vista on 1 PC - a partition (on
>> the same PC) with Windows 7 RC1works fine.
>> A wirelessly connected laptop works fine.
>> IE8 ALSO (now) hangs regularly on this PC.
>>
>> ISP ------
>> CableModem------WirelessRouter---(Wire)----ProblemPC[Vista/Win7]
>> ___NoProblemLaptop(Wireless)
>>
>> I have removed IE8 - IE7 appears to be ok.
>>
>> I have re-installed IE8 - Problem returns.
>>
>> Any suggestions welcome!
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Pat Garard
>> Melbourne, Australia
>> _______________________

VanguardLH

Re: IE8
Pat Garard wrote:

> IE8 will (now) not let me view a specific website. The site is:
> www.colonialfirststate.com.au the Home Page of Colonial First State,
> an Australian Superannuation Company. The problem is confined to an
> instance of Vista on 1 PC - a partition (on the same PC) with Windows
> 7 RC1works fine. A wirelessly connected laptop works fine. IE8 ALSO
> (now) hangs regularly on this PC.
>
> ISP ------ CableModem------WirelessRouter---(Wire)----ProblemPC[Vista/Win7]
> ___NoProblemLaptop(Wireless)
>
> I have removed IE8 - IE7 appears to be ok.
> I have re-installed IE8 - Problem returns.

Be aware, Pat, that all caps in the Subject or body is screaming. You
often yell at those from whom you ask help? The uninformative and
overly long postfixed "ARGH" was removed from the Subject in my reply.

Try the following since each can generate delays that could cause timing
problems. IE8 just seems more touchy than IE7, or before, but then I've
also noticed web sites just aren't as quick to respond anymore or
download ALL items in a page within a reasonable time [i.e., you wait in
IE counting through the remaining items left to download for the page]).

- Run IE8 in its no add-ons mode.
- Disable anything upstream of IE that interrogates the web traffic,
like anti-virus or firewall software, and retest. Since you have a
router, it should have a firewall that protects well enough against
unsolicited inbound connect attempts.
- Reset IE8 (advanced options).
- Reset your TCP/IP config (right-click on the connectoid in Network
applet and use Repair).

Many security products are interfering (or delay by interrogating) more
with the web traffic delivered to the web browser. Security is needed
but it always incurs an impact (i.e., delay). Don't get over zealous
and lather on the security so thick that your OS and apps don't work.
The whole point of your host is to use it, not to secure it.
VanguardLH

Jack's stuff wrote:

> Don't feel bad.. You certainly are not the only one having
> this problem. I've brought it up several times and always
> get a response from Papa Bear that doesn't make a lot of
> sense other then run you through all kinds of hurdles that
> end up not accomplishing anything..

You're starting to notice Bear's typical responses, aren't you?
RJK

Re: IE8 - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH HHHHHHH!
A factor might be that since Ms's Bill Gates took a "step back," perhaps
Microsoft is more concerned with making money, rather than producing quality
software !!!

regards, Richard

"Pat Garard" <apgarard Arghhh bigpond Doh net Doh au> wrote in message
>I should have explained that the '..cannot display..' message occurs
> intermittently while generally googling. I note this particular web site
> only
> because I access it regularly (used to access it regularly?).
> --
> Regards,
> Pat Garard
> Melbourne, Australia
> _______________________
>

> "Pat Garard" wrote:
>
>> G'Day All,
>>
>> IE8 will (now) not let me view a specific website.
>> The site is: www.colonialfirststate.com.au the Home Page of Colonial
>> First
>> State, an Australian Superannuation Company.
>> The problem is confined to an instance of Vista on 1 PC - a partition (on
>> the same PC) with Windows 7 RC1works fine.
>> A wirelessly connected laptop works fine.
>> IE8 ALSO (now) hangs regularly on this PC.
>>
>> ISP ------
>> CableModem------WirelessRouter---(Wire)----ProblemPC[Vista/Win7]
>> ___NoProblemLaptop(Wireless)
>>
>> I have removed IE8 - IE7 appears to be ok.
>>
>> I have re-installed IE8 - Problem returns.
>>
>> Any suggestions welcome!
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Pat Garard
>> Melbourne, Australia
>> _______________________

MHL

Re: IE8 - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH HHHHHHH!
IE8 and the whole Live suite of Apps are free...

"RJK" <nosuch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> A factor might be that since Ms's Bill Gates took a "step back," perhaps
> Microsoft is more concerned with making money, rather than producing
> quality software !!!
>
> regards, Richard
>

> "Pat Garard" <apgarard Arghhh bigpond Doh net Doh au> wrote in message
>>I should have explained that the '..cannot display..' message occurs
>> intermittently while generally googling. I note this particular web site
>> only
>> because I access it regularly (used to access it regularly?).
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Pat Garard
>> Melbourne, Australia
>> _______________________
>>

>> "Pat Garard" wrote:
>>
>>> G'Day All,
>>>
>>> IE8 will (now) not let me view a specific website.
>>> The site is: www.colonialfirststate.com.au the Home Page of Colonial
>>> First
>>> State, an Australian Superannuation Company.
>>> The problem is confined to an instance of Vista on 1 PC - a partition
>>> (on
>>> the same PC) with Windows 7 RC1works fine.
>>> A wirelessly connected laptop works fine.
>>> IE8 ALSO (now) hangs regularly on this PC.
>>>
>>> ISP ------
>>> CableModem------WirelessRouter---(Wire)----ProblemPC[Vista/Win7]
>>> ___NoProblemLaptop(Wireless)
>>>
>>> I have removed IE8 - IE7 appears to be ok.
>>>
>>> I have re-installed IE8 - Problem returns.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions welcome!
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Pat Garard
>>> Melbourne, Australia
>>> _______________________

Michel Doucet

Re: IE8 -AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH HHHHHHH!
Bonjour/soir, le Sun, 23 Aug 2009 06:09:32 -0700, *MHL* a caressé son
clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:

> IE8 and the whole Live suite of Apps are free...

Free ? ... when you have payed a license which is too costly for the
services (sic)

--
Utiliser le butineur, le courriéleur, le lecteur de nouvelles
et le SE avec lesquels vous vous sentez le plus sécurisé ...
Peter Foldes

Re: IE8 - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH HHHHHHH!
Pat

Which Anti Virus suite is running at present on your system.

--
Peter