Delete Browsing History delayed?

wal

Delete Browsing History delayed?
IE8
XP SP3

When I invoke Tools > Delete Browsing History > Delete button, it can
take quite some time before the progress dialog box appears (10
seconds or more?). The first few times this happened, I had already
given up and shut down IE, and gone back to work in another program;
then suddenly the progress dialog box appeared. Just another bug to
work out?

Re: Delete Browsing History delayed?
How often do you do it?

wal wrote:
> IE8
> XP SP3
>
> When I invoke Tools > Delete Browsing History > Delete button, it can
> take quite some time before the progress dialog box appears (10
> seconds or more?). The first few times this happened, I had already
> given up and shut down IE, and gone back to work in another program;
> then suddenly the progress dialog box appeared. Just another bug to
> work out?

wal

Re: Delete Browsing History delayed?
Every couple of days. I just did it now after two days. Same
result. With IE7, the progress dialog came on immediately and lasted
as long as it needed to.

On Aug 23, 1:10*am, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How often do you do it?
>

> wal wrote:
> > IE8
> > XP SP3

> > When I invoke Tools > Delete Browsing History > Delete button, it can
> > take quite some time before the progress dialog box appears (10
> > seconds or more?). *The first few times this happened, I had already
> > given up and shut down IE, and gone back to work in another program;
> > then suddenly the progress dialog box appeared. *Just another bug to
> > work out?- Hide quoted text -

Re: Delete Browsing History delayed?
IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode:

4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine