IE8 invoke spreadsheet when download .csv file?

FLS

IE8 invoke spreadsheet when download .csv file?
In Windows Vista ,IE8, I often download a .csv file from a financial
services site and would like my spreadsheet program (Open Office, scalc.exe)
to open with the downloaded file when the download completes. With Firefox,
that happens OK, but with IE8, the .csv file opens in the browser window. I
have the file association for .csv files setup for scalc.exe and if I mouse
on a file in a folder scalc opens with that file OK. If I can't get IE8 to
invoke my scalc program for the .CSV file, a suitable work-around would be
for IE8 to at least offer me a window where I could specify where to save
the downloaded file, but can't find how to do that either. Any solutions?

Thanks
FLS in Angier, NC

Aidan

RE: IE8 invoke spreadsheet when download .csv file?
I am also having the same problem when attempting to open a csv file on our
internet banking provider. With IE7, clicking "open" always invoked Excel to
open the file, however, with IE8 the csv file opens within the browser. It
appears to operate ok similar to excel but I am then unable to save any
changes as an excel file. Is there a way to do this?
The alternative is to get the file to open in Excel again (as is the case
for IE7)