IE constantly crashes

Frustrated with IE8

IE constantly crashes
Now, that I've gotten over being irritated about the hour it took me to sign
in- Is there any change this product is going to stablize? It crashes about
every third time I use it. I'm really seriously thinking of changing to
FireFox, which doesn't crash all the time and restart itself.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Don Varnau

Re: IE constantly crashes
Hi,

Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1, SP2, etc.)

The vast majority of IE8 users are not having these issues. You should find
out what's different about the software environment on your computer.

* Part A - See if a legitimate program is causing the problems.

1. With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons, work
through this article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us

Useful for recovering stored passwords before you clear all stored login
data:
IE PassView- NirSoft:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/interne..._password.html

What a reset of IE settings will do:
Windows Vista Help- Reset Internet Explorer settings:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...fe1771033.mspx

2. You may have an incompatible browser add-on installed. (Also covered in
step 1)
For troubleshooting information see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

Problem: Crashes or hangs
http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp

3. If the problem is not caused by an add-on, look for a third-party program
as the cause.

936214- How to troubleshoot compatibility problems that affect IE7 in
Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936214 (Also applies to XP)

4. Third-party antivirus/antispyware programs should be disabled when
installing Internet Explorer. If they weren't you may have a corrupted
installation of IE8. Reinstalling with these programs disabled may be the
solution.

IEBlog IE7 Installation and Anti-Malware Applications:

* Part B - This may be a malware issue.

1. Scan with Windows Defender - already installed on Vista - free download
for XP:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...r/default.mspx

2. Run the Malicious Software Removal Tool.
This is not a wide-spectrum tool, but is worth running.

3. Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

4. Install and run the free version of SuperAntiSpyware from
http://www.superantispyware.com/

5. If there is *any* reason to suspect that these tools didn't remove all
malware, visit one of these sites, register and follow the protocol.

Aumha:
http://www.aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
Start at http://www.aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075

SpywareHammer: