How Often is the Smart Screen Filter Updated in IE 8?

Jack

How Often is the Smart Screen Filter Updated in IE 8?
Greetings MS,

I think that the Smart Screen Filter is one of the greatest security
features that I have seen in any browser and want to thank you for including
this feature in IE 8. How often is the Smart Screen Filter updated? Is this
on the Second Tuesday of every month coinciding when Windows Updates are
released? Or do updates for the Smart Screen filter occur more than that?

Is the Smart Screen Filter update process automated? Or taken from a
composite of so many thousands to millions of users who frequent a certain
website? For example, McAfee's Site Advisor plug in uses a combination of
automated spiders that browse the Internet and user reviews to determine its
Green (no problems), Yellow (Caution) and Red (Danger) security ratings. How
does the Smart Screen Filter in IE 8 collect and analyze site data?

Thanks for your response!
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: How Often is the Smart Screen Filter Updated in IE 8?
Jack wrote:

> Greetings MS,
>
> I think that the Smart Screen Filter is one of the greatest security
> features that I have seen in any browser and want to thank you for
> including this feature in IE 8. How often is the Smart Screen Filter
> updated? Is this on the Second Tuesday of every month coinciding when
> Windows Updates are released? Or do updates for the Smart Screen filter
> occur more than that?
>
> Is the Smart Screen Filter update process automated? Or taken from a
> composite of so many thousands to millions of users who frequent a certain
> website? For example, McAfee's Site Advisor plug in uses a combination of
> automated spiders that browse the Internet and user reviews to determine
> its Green (no problems), Yellow (Caution) and Red (Danger) security
> ratings. How does the Smart Screen Filter in IE 8 collect and analyze
> site data?
>
> Thanks for your response!

Read:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...en-filter.aspx