hello

barrufio

hello
how do i restore the password that is located in Tools-->Internet
Options-->Contents .......... because i lost it.....i tried to restore ALL
the configuration but it just brought more problems..Thanks and hope you
understand my spanish translation (IE7 or eight)
--
hi
VanguardLH

Re: hello
barrufio wrote:

> How do I restore the Content Advisor password. I lost it. I tried to
> restore ALL the configuration but it just brought more problems.
> Thanks and hope you understand my spanish translation.
> (IE7 or 8)

<above rewritten for added clarity>

The Subject header is where you provide an introduction to your post,
not a place to be cutesy and completely uninformative. Use a single dot
to end a sentence.

System Restore is not an image of your host. It does NOT backup user
data. It is a *system* restore. A password within an application has
nothing to do with the system or even the accounts defined within it.
See http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...utorial56.html.
Snapshotting back to a restore point does not take into account changes
to your host that were made since then which means registry settings can
get out of sync or lost for installations or tweaks made after that
restore point. Don't expect the miniature snapshot for System Restore
to replace saving partition image backups of your host. System Restore
might fix a problem, might not, or as you have seen can fix one problem
but cause others. System Restore is incapable of backing up your host.
Backups are still a requirement if you want to recover your software
environment and your data files. If you don't do backups, you deem your
data as worthless or reproducible.

How would we know you "lost" the password? The actual person that
enabled the password would say they FORGOT their password, not lost it.
You could be some kid trying to evade his parents control over where
their kid can go.

Google on "+internet +explorer +content +advisor +password". There are
lots of articles telling you how to wipe the password from the registry.
It is weak support because the simple deletion of a registry data item
removes the password. You will need administrator privileges on your
host to edit the registry. If you don't have them, you'll need to ask
the real owner of the host that you use to move your account into the
Administrators group or do the edit for you.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B"internet+explorer"+%2B"content+adviso r"+%2Bpassword

I won't tell you how to get around your parents decision to control
where you net browse but others will. It is only because it is so
stupidly weak that I even point you in the right direction.