Open in background tab for IE8

O.Z.

Open in background tab for IE8
One of the features that keeps me using Opera is the ability to open links
on background tabs via context menu or by the use of Ctrl+Shift+Click. If
such a feature does exist in IE8 it is not prominent enough (not in Context
menu ). Even being an occasional IE user I miss this feature very much.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

VanguardLH

Re: Open in background tab for IE8
O.Z. wrote:

> One of the features that keeps me using Opera is the ability to open links
> on background tabs via context menu or by the use of Ctrl+Shift+Click. If
> such a feature does exist in IE8 it is not prominent enough (not in Context
> menu ). Even being an occasional IE user I miss this feature very much.

Don't enable the "Always switch to new tabs when they are created"
option. Then they'll open in the background (i.e., they won't get focus
until you click on their tab).

> ----------------
> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, ...

Ask first before making a suggestion.
MHL

Re: Open in background tab for IE8
Huh?

MHL wrote:

>>> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, ...

>> Ask first before making a suggestion.

> Huh?

Apparently that was too terse for you to comprehend. Here is a longer
version ...

Ask first in this peer community of users (Usenet) if the feature you
want already exists in the product before making a suggestion to
include that feature.

And what I left out but was tempted to add was ...

Otherwise, you look stupid for suggesting a feature that is already
there.
MHL

Re: Open in background tab for IE8
It just really didn't explain what you were really trying to say and may
have been interpreted wrong.

Thank you for saying what you really meant to in the first place!

MHL wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote ...
>>
>> MHL wrote:

>>> Huh?

>> Apparently that was too terse for you to comprehend. Here is a longer
>> version ...
>>
>> Ask first in this peer community of users (Usenet) if the feature you
>> want already exists in the product before making a suggestion to
>> include that feature.
>>
>> And what I left out but was tempted to add was ...
>>
>> Otherwise, you look stupid for suggesting a feature that is already
>> there.

> It just really didn't explain what you were really trying to say and may
> have been interpreted wrong. Thank you for saying what you really meant to in the first place!

I'm sure that I could make it even l-o-n-g-e-r. Even more terse would
have been:

Ask before suggesting.

Interpretation isn't difficult considering WHERE this statement was
placed -- after the "This post is a suggestion to Microsoft" section.
Context is critical in communication.
MHL

Re: Open in background tab for IE8
Thanks for that insight. We done here?

MHL wrote:

> Thanks for that insight. We done here?

Sure. Now you can head off to complain about other contexualized terse
MHL

Re: Open in background tab for IE8
You got it!

> MHL wrote:
>
>> Thanks for that insight. We done here?

> Sure. Now you can head off to complain about other contexualized terse

Photogregor is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Open in background tab for IE8
@VanguardLH

You make me vomit, boy. I'm searching for a solution, found this thread, read all through it just to find garbage. People like you who're wasting other peoples time and spamming the internet should be banned.