IE8 and Flash player problem

JamesKB

IE8 and Flash player problem
Every time I go to a site that uses Adobe Flash, IE tells me that I don't
have the current version of the Flash player and provides a link to go get
the current version. I click the link and am taken to the Adobe Flash site
and go through the steps to install the latest version. All goes well, and
when the "installation" is completed the Flash site tells me that Flash has
been installed on my computer with no problems.

However, then when I return to a site that uses Flash IE tells me again that
either I don't have Flash installed or that I need the current version. I've
gone through these steps 9 or ten times but still IE8 will not work on a
site that uses Flash. Oh my, what am I to do?

Thanks for your time.
--
JamesKB

Adrienne Boswell

Re: IE8 and Flash player problem
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "JamesKB"
<jameskb@jkbsystems.com> writing in

> Every time I go to a site that uses Adobe Flash, IE tells me that I
> don't have the current version of the Flash player and provides a link
> to go get the current version. I click the link and am taken to the
> Adobe Flash site and go through the steps to install the latest
> version. All goes well, and when the "installation" is completed the
> Flash site tells me that Flash has been installed on my computer with
> no problems.
>
> However, then when I return to a site that uses Flash IE tells me
> again that either I don't have Flash installed or that I need the
> current version. I've gone through these steps 9 or ten times but
> still IE8 will not work on a site that uses Flash. Oh my, what am I
> to do?
>
> Thanks for your time.
> --
> JamesKB

Is this happening on ALL sites that require Flash, or just one or two?
If it's one or two, the site may be doing some kind of flash sniffing,
and identifying Flash as version 1 - Flash is in version 10 now, and
there are some sites that won't go beyond 9, because they only read one
the first digit.

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

JamesKB

Re: IE8 and Flash player problem
It is doing it on ALL sites! Sigh..... oh my oh my..... what ever shall I
do?

Thanks for your time.
--
JamesKB

"Adrienne Boswell" <arbpen@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9C6DAE3A5E93Farbpenyahoocom@188.40.43.213. ..
> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "JamesKB"
> <jameskb@jkbsystems.com> writing in
>
>> Every time I go to a site that uses Adobe Flash, IE tells me that I
>> don't have the current version of the Flash player and provides a link
>> to go get the current version. I click the link and am taken to the
>> Adobe Flash site and go through the steps to install the latest
>> version. All goes well, and when the "installation" is completed the
>> Flash site tells me that Flash has been installed on my computer with
>> no problems.
>>
>> However, then when I return to a site that uses Flash IE tells me
>> again that either I don't have Flash installed or that I need the
>> current version. I've gone through these steps 9 or ten times but
>> still IE8 will not work on a site that uses Flash. Oh my, what am I
>> to do?
>>
>> Thanks for your time.
>> --
>> JamesKB
>>

> Is this happening on ALL sites that require Flash, or just one or two?
> If it's one or two, the site may be doing some kind of flash sniffing,
> and identifying Flash as version 1 - Flash is in version 10 now, and
> there are some sites that won't go beyond 9, because they only read one
> the first digit.
>
> --
> Adrienne Boswell at Home
> Arbpen Web Site Design Services
> http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

MHL

Re: IE8 and Flash player problem
Try uninstalling Flash through Control Panels/Programs. Then try installing
when you get to a site that needs it.

"JamesKB" <jameskb@jkbsystems.com> wrote in message
> It is doing it on ALL sites! Sigh..... oh my oh my..... what ever shall
> I do?
>
> Thanks for your time.
> --
> JamesKB
>

> "Adrienne Boswell" <arbpen@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns9C6DAE3A5E93Farbpenyahoocom@188.40.43.213. ..
>> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "JamesKB"
>> <jameskb@jkbsystems.com> writing in
>>
>>> Every time I go to a site that uses Adobe Flash, IE tells me that I
>>> don't have the current version of the Flash player and provides a link
>>> to go get the current version. I click the link and am taken to the
>>> Adobe Flash site and go through the steps to install the latest
>>> version. All goes well, and when the "installation" is completed the
>>> Flash site tells me that Flash has been installed on my computer with
>>> no problems.
>>>
>>> However, then when I return to a site that uses Flash IE tells me
>>> again that either I don't have Flash installed or that I need the
>>> current version. I've gone through these steps 9 or ten times but
>>> still IE8 will not work on a site that uses Flash. Oh my, what am I
>>> to do?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your time.
>>> --
>>> JamesKB
>>>

>> Is this happening on ALL sites that require Flash, or just one or two?
>> If it's one or two, the site may be doing some kind of flash sniffing,
>> and identifying Flash as version 1 - Flash is in version 10 now, and
>> there are some sites that won't go beyond 9, because they only read one
>> the first digit.
>>
>> --
>> Adrienne Boswell at Home
>> Arbpen Web Site Design Services
>> http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
>> Please respond to the group so others can share

Don Varnau

Re: IE8 and Flash player problem
Hi,
Run the uninstaller from
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14157
to clean out detritus/leftovers.
Then reinstall Flash.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

> Every time I go to a site that uses Adobe Flash, IE tells me that I don't
> have the current version of the Flash player and provides a link to go get
> the current version. I click the link and am taken to the Adobe Flash site
> and go through the steps to install the latest version. All goes well, and
> when the "installation" is completed the Flash site tells me that Flash

has
> been installed on my computer with no problems.
>
> However, then when I return to a site that uses Flash IE tells me again

that
> either I don't have Flash installed or that I need the current version.

I've
> gone through these steps 9 or ten times but still IE8 will not work on a
> site that uses Flash. Oh my, what am I to do?
>
> Thanks for your time.
> - -
> JamesKB

JamesKB

Re: IE8 and Flash player problem
That fixed the problem.

Thanks for the tip.
--
JamesKB

> Hi,
> Run the uninstaller from
> http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14157
> to clean out detritus/leftovers.
> Then reinstall Flash.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "JamesKB" <jameskb@jkbsystems.com> wrote in message
>> Every time I go to a site that uses Adobe Flash, IE tells me that I don't
>> have the current version of the Flash player and provides a link to go
>> get
>> the current version. I click the link and am taken to the Adobe Flash
>> site
>> and go through the steps to install the latest version. All goes well,
>> and
>> when the "installation" is completed the Flash site tells me that Flash

> has
>> been installed on my computer with no problems.
>>
>> However, then when I return to a site that uses Flash IE tells me again

> that
>> either I don't have Flash installed or that I need the current version.

> I've
>> gone through these steps 9 or ten times but still IE8 will not work on a
>> site that uses Flash. Oh my, what am I to do?
>>
>> Thanks for your time.
>> - -
>> JamesKB

Don Varnau