Need help with IE

Adrienne Boswell

Need help with IE
Here's the test page:http://silverlakereservoirs.org/testadduser.html

In IE (IE6, 7,8) the input for firstname is jumping all the way to the
left, which pushes all the labels one field down and is confusing as
heck for users. Eg:

[User first name]
Firstname: [User last name]
Lastname: [user@example.com]
Email: [Choose level]
Level: [ ]
Username: [ ]
Password: Confirm: [ ]
Submit

This is valid markup, valid CSS (albeit with some color warnings, but
those are not an issue).

Other browsers (Opera, Firefox, Safari) display without any issue.

If someone could take a look, I would appreciate it. Maybe something
will jump out at you that isn't jumping out at me.

Please do not try to submit any data. It won't go anywhere.

TIA.

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

Re: Need help with IE
Always reply to your original thread, please.

Adrienne Boswell wrote:
> Here's the test page:http://silverlakereservoirs.org/testadduser.html
>
> In IE (IE6, 7,8) the input for firstname is jumping all the way to the
> left, which pushes all the labels one field down and is confusing as
> heck for users. Eg:
>
> [User first name]
> Firstname: [User last name]
> Lastname: [user@example.com]
> Email: [Choose level]
> Level: [ ]
> Username: [ ]
> Password: Confirm: [ ]
> Submit
>
> This is valid markup, valid CSS (albeit with some color warnings, but
> those are not an issue).
>
> Other browsers (Opera, Firefox, Safari) display without any issue.
>
> If someone could take a look, I would appreciate it. Maybe something
> will jump out at you that isn't jumping out at me.
>
> Please do not try to submit any data. It won't go anywhere.
>
> TIA.

Adrienne Boswell

Re: Need help with IE
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "PA Bear [MS MVP]"
<PABearMVP@gmail.com> writing in news:OyfMbgfIKHA.4668
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

Top posting fixed.

> Adrienne Boswell wrote:
>> Here's the test page:http://silverlakereservoirs.org/testadduser.html
>>
>> In IE (IE6, 7,8) the input for firstname is jumping all the way to

the
>> left, which pushes all the labels one field down and is confusing as
>> heck for users. Eg:
>>
>> [User first name]
>> Firstname: [User last name]
>> Lastname: [user@example.com]
>> Email: [Choose level]
>> Level: [ ]
>> Username: [ ]
>> Password: Confirm: [ ]
>> Submit
>>
>> This is valid markup, valid CSS (albeit with some color warnings, but
>> those are not an issue).
>>
>> Other browsers (Opera, Firefox, Safari) display without any issue.
>>
>> If someone could take a look, I would appreciate it. Maybe something
>> will jump out at you that isn't jumping out at me.
>>
>> Please do not try to submit any data. It won't go anywhere.
>>
>> TIA.

> Always reply to your original thread, please.

Eh? The post you replied to is an original post.

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Need help with IE

"Adrienne Boswell" <arbpen@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Xns9C6DA83DAAF87arbpenyahoocom@188.40.43.213. ..

> Here's the test page:http://silverlakereservoirs.org/testadduser.html

Now fixed? ; )

> In IE (IE6, 7,8) the input for firstname is jumping all the way to the
> left, which pushes all the labels one field down and is confusing as
> heck for users. Eg:
>
> [User first name]
> Firstname: [User last name]
> Lastname: [user@example.com]
> Email: [Choose level]
> Level: [ ]
> Username: [ ]
> Password: Confirm: [ ]
> Submit
>
> This is valid markup, valid CSS (albeit with some color warnings, but
> those are not an issue).
>
> Other browsers (Opera, Firefox, Safari) display without any issue.
>
> If someone could take a look, I would appreciate it. Maybe something
> will jump out at you that isn't jumping out at me.
>
> Please do not try to submit any data. It won't go anywhere.
>
> TIA.
>
> --
> Adrienne Boswell at Home
> Arbpen Web Site Design Services
> http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Re: Need help with IE
Top-posting is the default in MS newsreaders and is the custom in MS
newsgroups.

Adrienne Boswell wrote:
> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "PA Bear [MS MVP]"
> <PABearMVP@gmail.com> writing in news:OyfMbgfIKHA.4668
> @TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:
>
> Top posting fixed.
>

>> Adrienne Boswell wrote:
>>> Here's the test page:http://silverlakereservoirs.org/testadduser.html
>>>
>>> In IE (IE6, 7,8) the input for firstname is jumping all the way to the
>>> left, which pushes all the labels one field down and is confusing as
>>> heck for users. Eg:
>>>
>>> [User first name]
>>> Firstname: [User last name]
>>> Lastname: [user@example.com]