IE8 tutorial

Barncant

IE8 tutorial
How do I get IE8 to quit asking me to take the tutorial? I took the tutorial
and even printed it . But it just keeps asking me to take it.Please help.
MHL

Re: IE8 tutorial
I don't remember a tutorial. I've been using IE8 so long. There must be a
way. Good luck!

"Barncant" <Barncant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get IE8 to quit asking me to take the tutorial? I took the
> tutorial
> and even printed it . But it just keeps asking me to take it.Please help.

Re: IE8 tutorial
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

See
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/di...nce-all-users/
www.banthecheck.com

Barncant wrote:
> How do I get IE8 to quit asking me to take the tutorial? I took the
> tutorial
> and even printed it . But it just keeps asking me to take it.Please help.

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 tutorial
I use IE 8 on Windows XP and Windows 7 RC. In the case of XP, I
installed IE 8. Win7 ships with IE 8, obviously. I don't remember being
offered an IE 8 tutorial in either case.

Did you obtain your copy of IE 8 from Microsoft's website? Could this
tutorial be something that was installed by the computer manufacturer.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Barncant wrote:
> How do I get IE8 to quit asking me to take the tutorial? I took the tutorial
> and even printed it . But it just keeps asking me to take it.Please help.

Alan Edwards

Re: IE8 tutorial
I downloaded my copy of IE 8 from Microsoft's website for Vista and I
had the tutorial/welcome screen as shown in the link supplied by PA
Bear:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/di...nce-all-users/
It vanished once I went along with it.

A friend I visited yesterday has the tutorial showing every time she
starts IE8 (XP) but she hasn't taken it yet.

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:12:20 -0400, in
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general, Leonard Grey
<l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>I use IE 8 on Windows XP and Windows 7 RC. In the case of XP, I
>installed IE 8. Win7 ships with IE 8, obviously. I don't remember being
>offered an IE 8 tutorial in either case.
>
>Did you obtain your copy of IE 8 from Microsoft's website? Could this
>tutorial be something that was installed by the computer manufacturer.
>---
>Leonard Grey
>Errare humanum est
>
>Barncant wrote:
>> How do I get IE8 to quit asking me to take the tutorial? I took the tutorial
>> and even printed it . But it just keeps asking me to take it.Please help.

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 tutorial
[I don't open links in news posts.]

So, is this tutorial part of Internet Explorer - it wasn't for me - or
is it a separate application?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Alan Edwards wrote:
> I downloaded my copy of IE 8 from Microsoft's website for Vista and I
> had the tutorial/welcome screen as shown in the link supplied by PA
> Bear:
> http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/di...nce-all-users/
> It vanished once I went along with it.
>
> A friend I visited yesterday has the tutorial showing every time she
> starts IE8 (XP) but she hasn't taken it yet.
>
> ...Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer
> http://dts-l.com/index.htm
>

> On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:12:20 -0400, in
> microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general, Leonard Grey
> <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> I use IE 8 on Windows XP and Windows 7 RC. In the case of XP, I
>> installed IE 8. Win7 ships with IE 8, obviously. I don't remember being
>> offered an IE 8 tutorial in either case.
>>
>> Did you obtain your copy of IE 8 from Microsoft's website? Could this
>> tutorial be something that was installed by the computer manufacturer.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Barncant wrote:
>>> How do I get IE8 to quit asking me to take the tutorial? I took the tutorial
>>> and even printed it . But it just keeps asking me to take it.Please help.

John Waller

Re: IE8 tutorial
Why not click the link and find out?

It's benign and answers your question.