Windows 7 RTM RSS feeds don't update automatically

Gabriel Berner

Windows 7 RTM RSS feeds don't update automatically
From
http://www.dasmirnov.net/blog/window...-automatically

"RSS feeds don't reliably update in Windows 7. I haven't worked out exactly
what is going on with this one yet.

But since I've been running Windows 7 I've noticed after logging onto the
machine in the morning, that the RSS feeds in Internet Explorer - well any
that are stored in the Common Feed List - aren't automatically updatihg.

I normally have my feeds set to update every 15 minutes, but after logging
on in the morning 9 times out of 10 they'll all say last updated yesterday,
even after waiting a couple of hours. You can easily tell it to start
updating - by just right-clicking and refreshing all feeds, that starts the
service working as usual, until the following day at least."

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate (RTM, build 7600.16385) and I too have this
problem. Is there any known fix for it?
Thnx in advance.

Re: Windows 7 RTM RSS feeds don't update automatically
> I normally have my feeds set to update every 15 minutes...

Try "every 4 hours" and see if the behavior persists.
www.banthecheck.com

Gabriel Berner wrote:
> From
> http://www.dasmirnov.net/blog/window...-automatically
>
> "RSS feeds don't reliably update in Windows 7. I haven't worked out
> exactly
> what is going on with this one yet.
>
> But since I've been running Windows 7 I've noticed after logging onto the
> machine in the morning, that the RSS feeds in Internet Explorer - well any
> that are stored in the Common Feed List - aren't automatically updatihg.
>
> I normally have my feeds set to update every 15 minutes, but after logging
> on in the morning 9 times out of 10 they'll all say last updated
> yesterday,
> even after waiting a couple of hours. You can easily tell it to start
> updating - by just right-clicking and refreshing all feeds, that starts
> the
> service working as usual, until the following day at least."
>
> I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate (RTM, build 7600.16385) and I too have this
> problem. Is there any known fix for it?
> Thnx in advance.

MHL

Re: Windows 7 RTM RSS feeds don't update automatically
Yeah, I only have two RSS feeds set up and they don't update that often!

>> I normally have my feeds set to update every 15 minutes...

> Try "every 4 hours" and see if the behavior persists.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> Gabriel Berner wrote:
>> From
>> http://www.dasmirnov.net/blog/window...-automatically
>>
>> "RSS feeds don't reliably update in Windows 7. I haven't worked out
>> exactly
>> what is going on with this one yet.
>>
>> But since I've been running Windows 7 I've noticed after logging onto the
>> machine in the morning, that the RSS feeds in Internet Explorer - well
>> any
>> that are stored in the Common Feed List - aren't automatically updatihg.
>>
>> I normally have my feeds set to update every 15 minutes, but after
>> logging
>> on in the morning 9 times out of 10 they'll all say last updated
>> yesterday,
>> even after waiting a couple of hours. You can easily tell it to start
>> updating - by just right-clicking and refreshing all feeds, that starts
>> the
>> service working as usual, until the following day at least."
>>
>> I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate (RTM, build 7600.16385) and I too have
>> this
>> problem. Is there any known fix for it?
>> Thnx in advance.

Gabriel Berner

Re: Windows 7 RTM RSS feeds don't update automatically
Hi, I tried it with no luck. Still need to click "Update all" after boot to
make the feeds sync service works. Anyway, after doing that, feeds updates
w/o probs, till the next restart/boot.

"MHL" <booyakasha@mac.com> escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:745D294F-3323-42D7-BDB8-E3C999A39C67@microsoft.com...
> Yeah, I only have two RSS feeds set up and they don't update that often!

>>> I normally have my feeds set to update every 15 minutes...

>> Try "every 4 hours" and see if the behavior persists.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> www.banthecheck.com
>>

>> Gabriel Berner wrote:
>>> From
>>> http://www.dasmirnov.net/blog/window...-automatically
>>>
>>> "RSS feeds don't reliably update in Windows 7. I haven't worked out
>>> exactly
>>> what is going on with this one yet.
>>>
>>> But since I've been running Windows 7 I've noticed after logging onto
>>> the
>>> machine in the morning, that the RSS feeds in Internet Explorer - well
>>> any
>>> that are stored in the Common Feed List - aren't automatically updatihg.
>>>
>>> I normally have my feeds set to update every 15 minutes, but after
>>> logging
>>> on in the morning 9 times out of 10 they'll all say last updated
>>> yesterday,
>>> even after waiting a couple of hours. You can easily tell it to start
>>> updating - by just right-clicking and refreshing all feeds, that starts
>>> the
>>> service working as usual, until the following day at least."
>>>
>>> I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate (RTM, build 7600.16385) and I too have
>>> this
>>> problem. Is there any known fix for it?
>>> Thnx in advance.

Re: Windows 7 RTM RSS feeds don't update automatically
Perhaps your fellow Win7 enthusiasts in one of these forums might be able to
assist you:

Windows 7 Beta Support Forum (technical)
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...egory/w7itpro/

Getting Ready for Win7 Forum (less technical)
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...ndows7/threads