Re: can't send page by email or send link by email from IE8. windows mail default client

Re: can't send page by email or send link by email from IE8. windows mail default client
[Crosspost to IE General]

What happens when you try to Send a page or link via email?

Nothing happens when you use the Send To - Mail Recipient option in a
Windows Vista computer:
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...-computer.html
www.banthecheck.com

Joe Schmoe wrote:
> on vista ultimate 64 bit but use 32 bit browser.
>
> no issues on any part of computer except recently i have been un able to
> send a page or link via email when using browser (IE8) from "tools"
> tab....always was abler to do it before.
>
> wonder if anyone else experiencing this as i have seen a few email updates
> recently but i believe they were for junk mail settings and outlook.
>
> i have office 2007 but have windows mail setup as default for all its file
> types.

Joe Schmoe

> [Crosspost to IE General]
>
> What happens when you try to Send a page or link via email?
>
> Nothing happens when you use the Send To - Mail Recipient option in a
> Windows Vista computer:
> http://www.winhelponline.com/article...-computer.html
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> Joe Schmoe wrote:
>> on vista ultimate 64 bit but use 32 bit browser.
>>
>> no issues on any part of computer except recently i have been un able to
>> send a page or link via email when using browser (IE8) from "tools"
>> tab....always was abler to do it before.
>>
>> wonder if anyone else experiencing this as i have seen a few email
>> updates
>> recently but i believe they were for junk mail settings and outlook.
>>
>> i have office 2007 but have windows mail setup as default for all its
>> file
>> types.

i will try checking the associations out but pretty sure i have done that
already and got the same results i have now...doesn't make it work.

if i use the "email with windows live" and other stuff that was nicely
placed on my computer with ie8 and i never use... i would have traded all
that crap for simple color claibration since i spend 90% of the time on here
working raw files with my nikon d700.

anyhow i did the fix suggestesd and rebooted, still no work thruough ie8.

thanx

Re: can't send page by email or send link by email from IE8. windows mail default client
And if you're using IE8 64-bit, does the behavior persist?

PS: You /chose/ to install the Windows Live stuff.