My cursor freezes! HELP!

Jane's Garden

My cursor freezes! HELP!
I downloaded IE8 a week ago and my cursor started disappearing completely .
The only way to get my cursor back was to restart my pc. A few days ago I
used "System Restore" to a date prior to when I downloaded IE 8. I am now
back to using IE 6, however, my cursor now freezes and the only way to get it
back is to restart my pc. This problem never happened before IE 8 was
downloaded. Within the past hour, I have had to restart my pc at least 5
times because of cursor freezing. I have Windows XP Home Edition on my pc.
Donald Anadell

Re: My cursor freezes! HELP!

"Jane's Garden" <Jane's Garden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I downloaded IE8 a week ago and my cursor started disappearing completely .
> The only way to get my cursor back was to restart my pc. A few days ago I
> used "System Restore" to a date prior to when I downloaded IE 8.

Bad idea! Using a System Restore Point to uninstall IE8 is not the way to
uninstall it properly. I would suggest you undo that restore point and then
uninstall IE8 properly, per the instructions here:

How do I uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/

If after uninstalling IE8 properly(per the uninstall instructions above) you
still have an issue with your mouse cursor, I suggest you post your question
to the Windows XP general newsgroup or Hardware newsgroup.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> I am now
> back to using IE 6, however, my cursor now freezes and the only way to get
> it
> back is to restart my pc. This problem never happened before IE 8 was
> downloaded. Within the past hour, I have had to restart my pc at least 5
> times because of cursor freezing. I have Windows XP Home Edition on my
> pc.

Re: My cursor freezes! HELP!
What Donald said.

Never, EVER use System Restore to "undo" an IE upgrade, Service Pack, or
Windows Update!!