IE8 Processes not Ending

Risky Dave

IE8 Processes not Ending
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum, but there doesn't seem to be a
dedicated IE8 one.

I have a problem with IE8 locking up at randon intervals. Sometimes the
application is able to shut down and restart, but usually it doesn't.

What seems to be happening is that the IE processes that start when new tabs
are opened are not shutting down again. Don't know how this causes IE to stop
but it definitely preventing it from restarting.

What is most alarming is that once IE has closed I am not able to stop the
processes through Task Manager - I can highlight them, choose the End Process
button but nothing happens! The only solution I have in this case is to
re-boot the machine.

I had a similar problem with Live Mail - the processes were stopped from
closing by LM's automatic sync function. When I switched off this function LM
was fine, but I can't identify a similar function in IE.

Has anyone else had this problem (it seemed to be common on XP with IE7 but
this is IE8 under 32 bit Vista Premium) and have you been able to fix it?

TIA

Dave
Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 Processes not Ending
Start Internet Explorer from the 'no add-ons' shortcut. Still have the
same problem?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est