Account Stopped Receiving WLM (1 or 3)

Account Stopped Receiving WLM (2 of 3) on XP Home, IE 8 with SRV Pak 3 on a
Compaq and a Dell also.

I have 1 personal Live account. 1 for my High School. 1 for Face Book. 3
Total.

1 Works perfect with WLM plus the LIVE webmail.

# 2 and # 3 stopped receiving WLM. But they work on the LIVE webmail.

Both accounts were deleted. Restarted then added. Both are broken.

Setup WLM on a 2nd PC. Same thing. # 1 works perfect. # 2 and # 3 will
not receive WLM. Both PC's have IE 8.

What would you do? What is your advice?

Regards From New Orleans

Don Varnau

Re: Account Stopped Receiving WLM (1 or 3)
Hi,
Try a reset of IE settings.
With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons, work
through this article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us

Useful for recovering stored passwords before you clear all stored login
data:
IE PassView- NirSoft:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/interne..._password.html

What a reset of IE settings will do:
Windows Vista Help- Reset Internet Explorer settings:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...fe1771033.mspx

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

<LsuEdu1@Yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Account Stopped Receiving WLM (2 of 3) on XP Home, IE 8 with SRV Pak 3 on

> Compaq and a Dell also.
>
> I have 1 personal Live account. 1 for my High School. 1 for Face Book.

3
> Total.
>
> 1 Works perfect with WLM plus the LIVE webmail.
>
> # 2 and # 3 stopped receiving WLM. But they work on the LIVE webmail.
>
> Both accounts were deleted. Restarted then added. Both are broken.
>
> Setup WLM on a 2nd PC. Same thing. # 1 works perfect. # 2 and # 3 will
> not receive WLM. Both PC's have IE 8.
>
> What would you do? What is your advice?
>
> Regards From New Orleans

Ron Sommer

Re: Account Stopped Receiving WLM (1 or 3)
What did I miss? I don't know why you think IE is the problem.
All 3 live accounts can be accessed using IE and you are suggesting a reset
of IE.
--
Ron Sommer
MVP-Mail

> Hi,
> Try a reset of IE settings.
> With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
> passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons,
> work
> through this article:
> 936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
>
> Useful for recovering stored passwords before you clear all stored login
> data:
> IE PassView- NirSoft:
> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/interne..._password.html
>
> What a reset of IE settings will do:
> Windows Vista Help- Reset Internet Explorer settings:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...fe1771033.mspx
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> <LsuEdu1@Yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Account Stopped Receiving WLM (2 of 3) on XP Home, IE 8 with SRV Pak 3 on

>> Compaq and a Dell also.
>>
>> I have 1 personal Live account. 1 for my High School. 1 for Face Book.

> 3
>> Total.
>>
>> 1 Works perfect with WLM plus the LIVE webmail.
>>
>> # 2 and # 3 stopped receiving WLM. But they work on the LIVE webmail.
>>
>> Both accounts were deleted. Restarted then added. Both are broken.
>>
>> Setup WLM on a 2nd PC. Same thing. # 1 works perfect. # 2 and # 3 will
>> not receive WLM. Both PC's have IE 8.
>>
>> What would you do? What is your advice?
>>
>> Regards From New Orleans

Ron Sommer

Re: Account Stopped Receiving WLM (1 or 3)
Can the accounts send mail using WLM?
Tools, Accounts, highlight, Properties, Server tab, what is the server url?
Are the accounts being accessed using pop or http access?
--
Ron Sommer
MVP-Mail

<LsuEdu1@Yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Account Stopped Receiving WLM (2 of 3) on XP Home, IE 8 with SRV Pak 3 on
> a Compaq and a Dell also.
>
> I have 1 personal Live account. 1 for my High School. 1 for Face Book.
> 3 Total.
>
> 1 Works perfect with WLM plus the LIVE webmail.
>
> # 2 and # 3 stopped receiving WLM. But they work on the LIVE webmail.
>
> Both accounts were deleted. Restarted then added. Both are broken.
>
> Setup WLM on a 2nd PC. Same thing. # 1 works perfect. # 2 and # 3 will
> not receive WLM. Both PC's have IE 8.
>
> What would you do? What is your advice?
>
> Regards From New Orleans

Re: Account Stopped Receiving WLM (1 or 3)
How does this problem pertain to Internet Explorer?
www.banthecheck.com

LsuEdu1@Yahoo.com wrote:
> Account Stopped Receiving WLM (2 of 3) on XP Home, IE 8 with SRV Pak 3 on
> Compaq and a Dell also.
>
> I have 1 personal Live account. 1 for my High School. 1 for Face Book.
> 3
> Total.
>
> 1 Works perfect with WLM plus the LIVE webmail.
>
> # 2 and # 3 stopped receiving WLM. But they work on the LIVE webmail.
>
> Both accounts were deleted. Restarted then added. Both are broken.
>
> Setup WLM on a 2nd PC. Same thing. # 1 works perfect. # 2 and # 3 will
> not receive WLM. Both PC's have IE 8.

Re: Account Stopped Receiving WLM (1 or 3)
Thanks to everyone for their tips and now it is working after going to IE vs
8, web live, signing in and changing the Password then updating the password
in WLM and now all 3 are running like Cajun Crawfish through the French
Quarter

...winston

Re: Account Stopped Receiving WLM (1 or 3)
So accessing the Live account in your browser, changing the password for your Live account(s), then updating the account password
in WLM restored that craw-daddy to life ?

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

<LsuEdu1@Yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2B09D048-E08B-4B33-A6BE-6A9418ABD9E7@microsoft.com...
> Thanks to everyone for their tips and now it is working after going to IE vs 8, web live, signing in and changing the Password
> then updating the password in WLM and now all 3 are running like Cajun Crawfish through the French Quarter

Don Varnau

Re: Account Stopped Receiving WLM (1 or 3)
> What did I miss?

You missed the part where I misread/misinterpreted the original post. :-o

Don