Is it true IE8 no longer uses Outlook Express email but somthing else ?

Tony M

Is it true IE8 no longer uses Outlook Express email but somthing else ?
Is it true IE8 no longer uses Outlook Express email but somthing else ?

I love the simplicity of outlook express and I have heard that IE8 does not
install it but uses somthing else...Mail somthing or other ? and a lot of
the neat OE functions are gone.

Stubbo of Oz

Re: Is it true IE8 no longer uses Outlook Express email but somthing else ?
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 12:38:43 +0800, "Tony M" <tonym @nw.com.au> wrote:

>Is it true IE8 no longer uses Outlook Express email but somthing else ?
>
>I love the simplicity of outlook express and I have heard that IE8 does not
>install it but uses somthing else...Mail somthing or other ? and a lot of
>the neat OE functions are gone.

If you are using Windows XP then you can use Outlook Express with
IE8. Your system will use whatever email program is set as the
default.

If you are using Windows Vista then Outlook Express is not available.
This is nothing to do with IE8. Vista has Windows Mail as its default
email program, But you can change the default email program to Windows
Live Mail, Thunderbird or any of a number of other email programs. But
not Outlook Express.

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz

Re: Is it true IE8 no longer uses Outlook Express email but somthing else ?
No, it's not true & I assume you're referring to WinXP.

However, IE8 does not include an OE8 (and IE7 doens't include an OE7).

Tony M wrote:
> Is it true IE8 no longer uses Outlook Express email but somthing else ?
>
> I love the simplicity of outlook express and I have heard that IE8 does
> not
> install it but uses somthing else...Mail somthing or other ? and a lot of
> the neat OE functions are gone.

Jonathan Boyko

Re: Is it true IE8 no longer uses Outlook Express email but somthing else ?
Ehlo PA Bear [MS MVP],
Maybe he means Windows Live Mail?

---
Sincerely,
Jonathan M. Boyko,
TMidEast.Com.

P> No, it's not true & I assume you're referring to WinXP.
P>
P> However, IE8 does not include an OE8 (and IE7 doens't include an
P> OE7).
P>
P> Tony M wrote:
P>
>> Is it true IE8 no longer uses Outlook Express email but somthing else
>> ?
>>
>> I love the simplicity of outlook express and I have heard that IE8
>> does
>> not
>> install it but uses somthing else...Mail somthing or other ? and a
>> lot of
>> the neat OE functions are gone.

Gordon

"Jonathan Boyko" <i601st@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:32e6aa2c118908cbef943437805c@msnews.microsoft .com...
> Ehlo PA Bear [MS MVP],
> Maybe he means Windows Live Mail?

Which is still not installed with IE8!

Tony M

Re: Is it true IE8 no longer uses Outlook Express email but somthing else ?
Thanks for the answer. I had heard that it was IE8 that did not support
outlook express
But it was vista as you said . vista only has Windows Live Mail?
which is not as good as OE or so all my friends tell me.

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 14:29:04 +0800, "Tony M" <tonym @nw.com.au> wrote:

>Thanks for the answer. I had heard that it was IE8 that did not support
>outlook express
>But it was vista as you said . vista only has Windows Live Mail?
>which is not as good as OE or so all my friends tell me.

Vista has Windows Mail (which is *different* to Windows Live Mail)
instead of OE

Windows Mail is very much the same as OE except that you cannot set
up different identities. You can have different email accounts for the
one identity but for another identity you need to set up different
user login in Windows itself.

You can get Windows Live Mail which works in both XP and Vista but I
hate that :-(

--
Stubbo of Oz

--