Microsoft offers free support for IE8

Rj

Microsoft offers free support for IE8
After spending many fruitless days with discussion groups and working on my
own, I spent one hour on the phone with a MS rep and problem solved. I know
every problem is different, but this really worked for me. (Wait time was
less than 5 min; one rep said 2-3 min and I thought it was 53 min; which is
what I expected.)
--
Rj

VanguardLH

Re: Microsoft offers free support for IE8
Rj wrote:

> After spending many fruitless days with discussion groups and working on my
> own, I spent one hour on the phone with a MS rep and problem solved. I know
> every problem is different, but this really worked for me. (Wait time was
> less than 5 min; one rep said 2-3 min and I thought it was 53 min; which is
> what I expected.)

Free support for IE8 has been mentioned in MANY posts here.

"Support for Internet Explorer 8 is available at no charge until 31st
December 2009."
(shorter URL: http://preview.tinyurl.com/ceo4jd)

When you go through the prompts, pick Windows XP or Vista. Later you
get to pick Internet Explorer. You should get a no-charge call and case
number and then transferred to a 1st-line tech rep to discuss the issue.

Rj wrote:

> After spending many fruitless days with discussion groups ...

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...rch=&scoring=d

So which one of those posts in this newsgroup are you talking about?
You say absolutely nothing about what was the problem that could not be
resolved via newsgroup responses.

Re: Microsoft offers free support for IE8
Posted frequently in this newsgroup:

environment.
=> US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
=> Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043
www.banthecheck.com

Rj wrote:
> After spending many fruitless days with discussion groups and working on
> my
> own, I spent one hour on the phone with a MS rep and problem solved. I
> know
> every problem is different, but this really worked for me. (Wait time was
> less than 5 min; one rep said 2-3 min and I thought it was 53 min; which
> is
> what I expected.)

Rj

Re: Microsoft offers free support for IE8
This discussion group, Internet Explorer General. "Links won't open" dated
August 11.
--
Rj

Rj wrote:

> This discussion group, Internet Explorer General. "Links won't open" dated
> August 11.

So this was a secret solution that Microsoft had you sign an agreement
not to divulge? Did you happen to divulge more information to Microsoft
than you did in your post here of August 11th?