internet explorer wont respond

RG

internet explorer wont respond
hi...i got this problem with internet explorer and i tried everything by
ending task but it just wont respond when i re-open it.

heres what happens...

when i open internet explorer...instead of one window opening up two opens
up instead. from then on i cannot click on anything and internet explorer
wont respond. for me to close the window i have to do it by ending task on
task manager.

it seems locked for some reason but i just do not know how to unlock it. can
you please help me out?

Re: internet explorer wont respond
Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
Vista x64 SP2) when posting to this newsgroup.

Is the computer fully patched at Windows Update?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?
www.banthecheck.com

RG wrote:
> hi...i got this problem with internet explorer and i tried everything by
> ending task but it just wont respond when i re-open it.
>
> heres what happens...
>
> when i open internet explorer...instead of one window opening up two opens
> up instead. from then on i cannot click on anything and internet explorer
> wont respond. for me to close the window i have to do it by ending task on
> task manager.
>
> it seems locked for some reason but i just do not know how to unlock it.
> can
> you please help me out?

brennabee

Re: internet explorer wont respond
I also have this same problem on both my home computer and my work computer.
Since downloading IE8, everytime I try to start up, I get two windows
opening, both freeze up, I then need to shut it down through my task manager,
the start again. I am operating WinXP at home and WinXP Professional at
work. At home I have Norton Antivirus and at work we have McAfee.

The problem has gotten so bad that I generally now use Google Chrome.
Please provide information on how to fix this, or I will not use IE anymore.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
> Vista x64 SP2) when posting to this newsgroup.
>
> Is the computer fully patched at Windows Update?

> What third-party firewall (if any)?
>
> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> RG wrote:
> > hi...i got this problem with internet explorer and i tried everything by
> > ending task but it just wont respond when i re-open it.
> >
> > heres what happens...
> >
> > when i open internet explorer...instead of one window opening up two opens
> > up instead. from then on i cannot click on anything and internet explorer
> > wont respond. for me to close the window i have to do it by ending task on
> > task manager.
> >
> > it seems locked for some reason but i just do not know how to unlock it.
> > can
> > you please help me out?

Re: internet explorer wont respond
To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread about your specific problems.
State your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2)
in your first post. Thank you.

brennabee wrote:
> I also have this same problem on both my home computer and my work
> computer.
> Since downloading IE8, everytime I try to start up, I get two windows
> opening, both freeze up, I then need to shut it down through my task
> manager, the start again. I am operating WinXP at home and WinXP
> Professional at work. At home I have Norton Antivirus and at work we have
> McAfee.
>
> The problem has gotten so bad that I generally now use Google Chrome.
> Please provide information on how to fix this, or I will not use IE
> anymore.

<snip hijacked thread>