Upgraded to IE8; images in e-mail now don't display

Marc

Upgraded to IE8; images in e-mail now don't display
Hello:

I upgraded to IE8 and images embedded in e-mail messages - that displayed
properly prior -- now do not display. I get the little icon tagged "Image"
everywhere. These messages are from the same catalog source before/after;
only thing changed was IE. I have ensured that "display images" is checked
in the Int options menus, and also "display mixed content", etc. If I
right-click on the image icon I can open a new tab and the site/image display
properly.

Running WinXP SP3

Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
John 1748

RE: Upgraded to IE8; images in e-mail now don't display

"Marc" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I upgraded to IE8 and images embedded in e-mail messages - that displayed
> properly prior -- now do not display. I get the little icon tagged "Image"
> everywhere. These messages are from the same catalog source before/after;
> only thing changed was IE. I have ensured that "display images" is checked
> in the Int options menus, and also "display mixed content", etc. If I
> right-click on the image icon I can open a new tab and the site/image display
> properly.
>
> Running WinXP SP3
>
> Any help appreciated.
> Thanks.

MHL

Re: Upgraded to IE8; images in e-mail now don't display
Where is the response to this?

"John 1748" <John 1748@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Marc" wrote:
>
>> Hello:
>>
>> I upgraded to IE8 and images embedded in e-mail messages - that displayed
>> properly prior -- now do not display. I get the little icon tagged
>> "Image"
>> everywhere. These messages are from the same catalog source
>> before/after;
>> only thing changed was IE. I have ensured that "display images" is
>> checked
>> in the Int options menus, and also "display mixed content", etc. If I
>> right-click on the image icon I can open a new tab and the site/image
>> display
>> properly.
>>
>> Running WinXP SP3
>>
>> Any help appreciated.
>> Thanks.

MHL

Re: Upgraded to IE8; images in e-mail now don't display
What is the site for the email messages?

"Marc" <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> I upgraded to IE8 and images embedded in e-mail messages - that displayed
> properly prior -- now do not display. I get the little icon tagged
> "Image"
> everywhere. These messages are from the same catalog source before/after;
> only thing changed was IE. I have ensured that "display images" is
> checked
> in the Int options menus, and also "display mixed content", etc. If I
> right-click on the image icon I can open a new tab and the site/image
> display
> properly.
>
> Running WinXP SP3
>
> Any help appreciated.
> Thanks.

Marc

Re: Upgraded to IE8; images in e-mail now don't display
www.bonhams.com
www.sothebys.com

These auction sites send mail containing catalog entries/lots of interest to
me...