On line shopping problems

Bro_Ken_B

On line shopping problems
After years of on line shopping and bill paying using temporary internet
credit card accounts I am no longer able to do so. As soon as a page pops up
to get the information Explorer crashes. This is both on XP and Vista. When
will this improvement end?
Leonard Grey

Re: On line shopping problems
Funny...I don't have that problem with IE 8 on Windows XP SP 3. And I'm
a big user of temporary credit card numbers.

Maybe the problem is caused by something on your computer?
Unfortunately, you didn't say what version of Internet Explorer you have
(or what version of Windows, for that matter.) If you have IE 7 or IE 8,
try starting Internet Explorer from the 'no add-ons' icon.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Bro_Ken_B wrote:
> After years of on line shopping and bill paying using temporary internet
> credit card accounts I am no longer able to do so. As soon as a page pops up
> to get the information Explorer crashes. This is both on XP and Vista. When
> will this improvement end?

Rich

Re: On line shopping problems
Are you using a firewall like Trend Micro that is prohibiting the
connection?

> Funny...I don't have that problem with IE 8 on Windows XP SP 3. And I'm a
> big user of temporary credit card numbers.
>
> Maybe the problem is caused by something on your computer? Unfortunately,
> you didn't say what version of Internet Explorer you have (or what version
> of Windows, for that matter.) If you have IE 7 or IE 8, try starting
> Internet Explorer from the 'no add-ons' icon.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Bro_Ken_B wrote:
>> After years of on line shopping and bill paying using temporary internet
>> credit card accounts I am no longer able to do so. As soon as a page
>> pops up to get the information Explorer crashes. This is both on XP and
>> Vista. When will this improvement end?

deutsch27

RE: On line shopping problems
Hi Ken,

I'm running Vista and Internet Explorer 8 on my Acer laptop. My problems are
with the shopping cart. I drop items in the cart and sometimes it recognizes
the items, other times it does not. I can't refresh the shopping cart and
when I go to check-out, it completely changes the number of items or shows an
empty cart. I will go back to Internet Explorer 7 or even Firefox...this has
been a hassle since the update and my on-line shopping experiences have been
anything but pleasant.