Email shortcuts in Windows Live Mail will open IE-8 but not the WEB site URL

Billy

Email shortcuts in Windows Live Mail will open IE-8 but not the WEB site URL
Email shortcuts in Windows Live Mail will open blank IE-8 window, but not
the WEB site URL, and second left click will then open a new tab and the WEB
site of interest. Another program, RoboForm, my password protection program
is working the same way. It is a minor annoying problem any clues how to fix
it. I would think it is some kind of registry problem.

Don Varnau

Re: Email shortcuts in Windows Live Mail will open IE-8 but not the WEB site URL
Hi,
Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1,SP2,etc.)

1. From Start> Run, type in or copy & paste this command:

regsvr32 actxprxy.dll

Hit Enter or click OK.

2. 902932- A new window opened in Internet Explorer displays a blank white
page:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902932

3. See if a browser add-on is causing the behavior.
Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Billy" <b-m-karl@whidbey.net> wrote in message
> Email shortcuts in Windows Live Mail will open blank IE-8 window, but not
> the WEB site URL, and second left click will then open a new tab and the

WEB
> site of interest. Another program, RoboForm, my password protection

program
> is working the same way. It is a minor annoying problem any clues how to

fix
> it. I would think it is some kind of registry problem.

Re: Email shortcuts in Windows Live Mail will open IE-8 but not the WEB site URL
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode:

4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
www.banthecheck.com