Search Box Highlighting

mcp6453

Search Box Highlighting
Just recently, IE7 on XP SP3 has started highlighting search terms after
a search performed from the Search Box. The default search engine is
Google. The Google Toolbar is not installed in IE on this computer. How
to do turn off the highlighting? It is not the highlighting that results
from clicking on the "Cached" link in a Google search.
Don Varnau

Re: Search Box Highlighting
Hi,
Are you *sure* the Google toolbar isn't installed? This highlighting sounds
exactly like the Google toolbar feature, "Highlights all search terms on
this page."

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"mcp6453" <mcp6453@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Just recently, IE7 on XP SP3 has started highlighting search terms after
> a search performed from the Search Box. The default search engine is
> Google. The Google Toolbar is not installed in IE on this computer. How
> to do turn off the highlighting? It is not the highlighting that results
> from clicking on the "Cached" link in a Google search.

mcp6453

Re: Search Box Highlighting
I'm positive. It's as if some new functionality has been added to the search
box, for which Google is the default search provider on my system.

Don Varnau wrote:
> Hi,
> Are you *sure* the Google toolbar isn't installed? This highlighting sounds
> exactly like the Google toolbar feature, "Highlights all search terms on
> this page."
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "mcp6453" <mcp6453@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Just recently, IE7 on XP SP3 has started highlighting search terms after
>> a search performed from the Search Box. The default search engine is
>> Google. The Google Toolbar is not installed in IE on this computer. How
>> to do turn off the highlighting? It is not the highlighting that results
>> from clicking on the "Cached" link in a Google search.

MHL

Re: Search Box Highlighting
Are you doing a Find? That will highlight all words found on a page.

> I'm positive. It's as if some new functionality has been added to the
> search box, for which Google is the default search provider on my system.
>

> Don Varnau wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Are you *sure* the Google toolbar isn't installed? This highlighting
>> sounds
>> exactly like the Google toolbar feature, "Highlights all search terms on
>> this page."
>>
>> Don
>> [MS MVP- IE]
>>

>> "mcp6453" <mcp6453@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Just recently, IE7 on XP SP3 has started highlighting search terms after
>>> a search performed from the Search Box. The default search engine is
>>> Google. The Google Toolbar is not installed in IE on this computer. How
>>> to do turn off the highlighting? It is not the highlighting that results
>>> from clicking on the "Cached" link in a Google search.

Don Varnau

Re: Search Box Highlighting
Sorry, that was my only idea.
-